Friday, December 17, 2010

Books I Read The Second Week of December 2010

 I read 3 books so far this week.  We will start with the one I read yesterday.


It's the story of people that live in Cedar Cove, Washington.  Apparently it's the latest book in this series.  I haven't read any of the others.  I liked this book because of the stories about the different families.  Mack and Mary Jo found some old letters written to Joan from Jacob during WWII.  These were beautifully written letters.  Mack and Mary Jo wanted to find out what happened to this couple.


I really liked this book because it takes place during the reign of Elizabeth I.  It's the story of Rosamund Walsingham, cousin of Sir Francis Walsingham, principle secretary to the Queen.  She is just a simple country girl that gets drawn into the saga between Queen Elizabeth I and Queen Mary of Scotland.

I can't remember if I read any of her books before.  The name is very familiar to me.  I have not read any of Bob Mayer's books.  But I will now.  I really liked this book.  It's about an amusement park that is a prison for 5 demons.  It tells the story of the Guardia, the people that guard these demons.  They start to escape the prison and the "wild ride" begins.
http://www.jennycrusie.com/books/fiction/wild-ride/

Try out these books!

2 comments:

writeitforward said...

Glad you enjoyed Wild Ride. We had a blast writing it. Thanks for blogging about it.
Bob Mayer

jmisgro said...

My pleasure!! Can't wait to see what is next!!