Friday, January 4, 2013

Between Two Fires


 
Yesterday I finished Between Two Fires by Christopher Buehlman for my Monthly Key Word Challenge. The key word is fire.  It also qualifies for the What's in a Name Challenge: A book with fire (or equivalent) in the title.
This is the second book from this author.  I am going to get his first one!!  I loved this book and was totally captivated by the story.  When I was thinking about what I was going to write I thought of describing it this way -it's like a Frank Peretti novel set in 1348.
This story is about a knight/thief who rescues a young girl. France is in the midst of the black plague.  There is death and something else everywhere. She is on a quest and convinces Thomas to accompany her.  Along the way a priest travels with them. The three main characters, Delphine, Thomas and Pier Matthieu, change a lot throughout this journey. There are supernatural things happening all the time.  It's a battle of good and evil!

Pages: 423

1 comment:

Joy said...

Hi! I popped over from the What's In a Name Challenge. I love it when reading a book farther along in the series makes me want to read all the previous books. An adventure awaits!