Friday, January 4, 2013

The Child's Child




The Child's Child by Barbara Vine (Ruth Rendell)

I did not remember requesting this book from the library when I picked up my books the other day. BUT I am glad that I did.  I really enjoyed this book.  I cannot remember reading anything by Ruth Rendell before but I probably have. 
This is the story of a brother and sister named Andrew and Grace Eaton.  They inherit a house from their grandmother.  They decide to move in and share the house.  Grace is working on her thesis about unwed mothers in the past.  A friend contacts her about a novel that his father wrote but never had published, The Child's Child, which is set a few years after World War 1.  Andrew's boyfriend, James moves into the house and they witness the murder of a friend.  This shakes James to the core and also upsets everything in the house.  Grace finally reads the novel and discovers the story parallels events in their lives.

Pages: 302

No comments: