Monday, February 25, 2013

Cinder by Marissa Meyer






I have to say I LOVED this book! It is well written and the plot kept me guessing!  It is a Cinderella story but it is so much more!  I am happy to find out that a sequel called Scarlet is coming out soon according to Meyer's website.

From Macmillan.com: Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . .

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.

You can access an audio excerpt here.

This book qualifies for the Genre Variety Challenge.  The genre is Dystopian. Some on goodreads also shelve it as Steampunk, so I will list it on that challenge too, Get Steampunk'd 2013.

Pages: 387

1 comment:

krweinert.com said...

I loved Cinder! It was so much more imaginative than I expected it to be.