Saturday, February 2, 2013

Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout


 I read this book for the Color Coded Challenge 2013 for the category: 4. A book with "Green" or any shade of Green (Emerald, Lime, Jade, etc) in the title.

I don't know if I liked this book. Wikipedia describes this book as "a collection of stories by American author Elizabeth Strout. It covers 13 connected short stories about a woman named Olive and her immediate family and friends in the town of Crosby in coastal Maine. It is also known as On the Coast of Maine. It won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction in 2009, and was a finalist for the 2008 National Book Critics Circle Award."

Sometimes Olive is nasty and down right mean and other times she is so loving.  I guess all people are this way at one time or another.
I felt that I was missing something important in several of the stories.  A couple just ended with no conclusion. Like what happened to Kevin, whose mother killer herself, did he save Patty from the sea?  Why was Louise crazy?

Pages: 270

No comments: