Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Dreadful Lemon Sky by John D. MacDonald


I used to read a lot of these books.  Don't know why I stopped.  To me this is Travis McGee...

 In 1983 a TV movie was made of the novel, The Empty Copper Sea.
Sam Elliott! yum...

I read The Dreadful Lemon Sky for the Color Coded Reading Challenge. I read it for the category 3. A book with "Yellow" or any shade of Yellow (Gold, Lemon, Maize, etc.) in the title.

The Story: Travis has a visit from an old friend, Carrie Milligan, who gives him a pile of money to keep safe for her.  If she doesn't come back for it in 2 weeks, he's to give it to her sister.  Carrie dies.  It's supposed  to be an accident.  Travis and Meyer head down to Florida to find out what has happened.

Here's a nice article about John D. MacDonald and his work from the Washington Post.  Mr. MacDonald wrote a lot for movies and TV.  Apparently, Leo DiCaprio is in development on a Travis McGee movie.

Pages: 228

No comments: