Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Kiss Before Dying by Ira Levin

I liked this story.  It was an easy read.  I was more than halfway through the book before I found out who "he" was.  Cute trick.  It made me think of Rebecca, how the reader does not find out her name. This is the story of a poor man looking for an easy way to money.  He wanted to marry it. He was not above murder to get it either.
This was Ira Levin's first novel. He won an Edgar for in 1954. Levin is best known for writing Rosemary's Baby and The Stepford Wives.

When I got this book from the library I knew that it had been 
made into a not so successful movie in 1991. 

But I did not know it was first made into a movie in 1956 a few years after it's release.



Here's Joanne Woodward as Dorrie and Robert Wagner as Bud.

I am using this book for the Vintage Mystery Reading Challenge 2013.  The category is 6. Yankee Doodle Dandy: one mystery set in the United States.

Pages: 272
Published: 1953

No comments: