Here's the challenge hosted by The Paperback Stash:
Any book considered "Gothic" - examples include the 60's and 70's Mystery Suspense Romance like Barbara Michaels, Victoria Holt, Beverly C. Warren, books like VC Andrews, Dracula, Frankenstein, Victorian Age Suspense and Horror or Drama, Edgar Allan Poe, etc. If it's Gothic, it counts!
Please look HERE for a list of all the elements in a Gothic Novel.
I wanted to keep this one super simple, but most of all FUN. Re-reads are allowed. Cross challenges allowed. Story in any form (Book, eBook, graphic novel). Anthologies of short stories are allowed.
Setting Four Challenge Levels:
1-7: A Dark and Stormy Night
8-14: A Wicked Web
15-21: Booked By Betrayal
22-28: The Crumbling Castle
Sign up here.
I am going to search from these sites.
Gothic fiction from wiki.
Popular gothic fiction from goodreads.
I think I will try for 15-21: Booked By Betrayal to start.
1.The Castle of Otranto by Horace Walpole
2. Dragonwyck by Anya Seton
3. A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick
4. Rainbow in the Mist by Phyllis Whitney
5. My Cousin Rachel by Daphne Du Maurier
6. The Scapegoat by Daphne Du Maurier
7. Light in August by William Faulkner
8. Lord of Far Island by Victoria Holt
9. Graveminder by Melissa Marr
10. On the Edge of the Woods by Diane Tyrrel
11. The Other Side of the Sun by Madeleine L'Engle
12. First Love by Joyce Carol Oates
13. Amethyst Dreams by Phyllis A. Whitney
14. The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd
15. Flaming Tree by Phyllis Whitney
16. Candles Burning by Tabitha King and Michael McDowell
17. The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters
18. Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore
19. Thunder Heights by Phyllis A. Whitney
20. Witch by Barbara Michaels
21. The Last Universe by William Sleator