Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

I read one other book by this author, The Raven Boys, which I liked.  This is a good book but it is told in the first person, switching between characters every chapter. I don't really care for that style.

This story is about werewolves but it's different than any other wolf book I have read before. Grace was dragged off her swing when she was 6 (I think).  She was bitten by the wolves and about to be devoured.  That's all she remembers except those yellow eyes.  As she grows up, she is fascinated by the wolves that live in the woods behind her house.  She always watched for the one with the yellow eyes.
Sam, the yellow eyes wolf, watches Grace all the time.  Even when he is in human form.  One day Grace and Sam meet.  He tries so hard to make himself stay human to be with her.

Excerpt: Click here.
Pages: 392

No comments: