Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Read Scotland 2014

Peggy Ann is going to host a challenge for the first time - just like me!! It sounds like a fun challenge!
From her post - go here to sign up:
Challenge levels:

Just A Keek (a little look): 1-4 books read
The Highlander: 5-8 books
The Hebridean: 9-12 books
Ben Nevis: 13+ books 

Details:

Read and review Scottish books -any genre, any form- written by a Scottish author (by birth or immigration) or about or set in Scotland.

Challenge runs January 1 to December 31, 2014 

Books you read may count for other challenges.

You don't have to have a blog to participate. If you have a blog, post a challenge sign-up and link that post (not your home page) to the links below. Grab a copy of the challenge badge if you want to post it too. If you don't have a blog let me know in a comment below that you are participating and what level you are aiming for.

Post your review on your blog and link the review to the Read Scotland 2014 Review Page I'll be putting up the first of the year. If you don't have a blog and still want to review you can:
1: post a review at any bookseller that allows reviews, and link to it
2: send me a review by email and I will post it here for you.
3: Join the group I started at Goodreads HERE
Or you can also just let us know how your coming along in the comments below the links on the review page.

Here are a few links to start you on your way finding Scottish writers or settings! Don't forget the new authors James Oswald and A.D. Scott, they didn't seem to make any of these list!

List of Scottish Writers
100 Best Scottish Books of all Time  
Five New Scottish Writers  
Just Scottish Women Writers
Fantastic Fiction - Scotland Authors
Books From Scotland - Author List
Find a book set in Scotland @ Book Set In...
and the ultimate search site...
Stop, You're Killing Me! 

Don't forget you can get 'vintage' authors books for free often times in ebook form!

I am going to start with The Highlander: 5-8 books level.
1. Angel Harp by Michael Phillips
2. The MacKinnon's Bride by Tanya Anne Crosby
3. The Devil of Kilmartin by Laurin Wittig
4. The Beauty Bride by Claire DelaCroix
5. On Dublin Street by Samantha Young
6. Down London Road by Samantha Young
7. Before Jamaica Lane by Samantha Young
8. Until Fountain Bridge by Samantha Young

I am moving up a level to The Hebridean: 9-12 books.
9. In Bed With A Highlander by Maya Banks
10. The End of Summer by Rosamunde Pilcher
11. Royal Flush by Rhys Bowen
12. Death of a Bore by MC Beaton

I am moving up a level to Ben Nevis: 13+ books 
13. The Highlander's Hope by Cali MacKay
14. Not Another Happy Ending by David Solomons
15. Fall From India Place by Samantha Young
16. Never Love a Highlander by Maya Banks
17. Seduction of a Highland Lass by Maya Banks
18. Never Seduce a Scot by Maya Banks
19. Pandora's Box by Alice Thompson
20. Still Midnight by Denise Mina
21. Now May You Weep by Deborah Crombie

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I read Angel Harp....I really liked it. I don't know any of the other books.

I hope you like Angel Harp too.

Nice blog...glad I found you. NEW GFC follower.

I will be only "hovering" over all the posts. :) I do love Scotland, though. I never do well with challenges. I stress too much about it.

Have a great day.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog