Wondering what’s a chunkster? A chunkster is an adult or YA book, non-fiction or fiction, that’s 450 pages or more.
Rules for this challenge:
- Audio books and e-books are now allowed. You want to listen to a chunkster on audio? Be my guest.
- Essay, short story, and poetry collections are allowed but they have to be read in their entirety to count.
- Books may crossover with other challenges.
- Anyone can join.
- You don’t have to list your book ahead of time.
- Graphic novels don’t count. Sorry guys but reading a chunkster graphic novel isn’t the same as reading a non-graphic chunkster.
I’ve been thinking long and hard about the levels of participation that have always been a part of this challenge. This year we’re going to try something new: there won’t be any levels.
Don’t get me wrong. This is still a reading challenge. Challenge yourself without being locked in to a certain number. If you didn’t read any chunksters in 2013 and want to change that in 2014, come up with a number and try to read that amount.
I understand that chunksters can be a bit intimidating. My goal is to encourage as many people as possible to give chunksters a try. We all love short books because we can get through them in a sitting or a few days. It’s different with chunksters. With chunksters, you have to slow down and take your time. The Chunkster Challenge is all about having fun and reading good books.
All I ask is that participants either write a post or leave a comment in the comments section letting the world know your goal. Mr. Linky is acting up so if you write a post, leave a link in the comment section.
I’ll be right here to cheer you on. Happy reading. Sign Up Here!!
My goal for this challenge is 3-5.