Favorite Album - The Secret Life of Plants from Wacky Reading Challenges on Goodreads
10/01/14 - 11/30/14
Levels of Participation
Disc One = 1 to 3 Tasks
Disc Two = 4 to 6 Tasks
Disc Three = 7+ Tasks
Choose a level of participation and complete the required number of tasks. Tasks can be mixed. For example, if you choose to do the Disc One Level (1 to 3 tasks), you may choose to complete a task for numbers 1, 2 and 3, OR you may choose to do a task for numbers 2, 5, and 9.
Books should be at least 125 pages. All formats are acceptable. Re-reads are fine--just be sure to re-read the entire book. When updating your challenge with books you've read, please include a link to the book title, the author's name, and the date you finished reading the book.
This favorite album challenge will focus on The Secret Life of Plants by Stevie Wonder, and was suggested by Book Concierge. Thanks for the suggestion, BC!
1. The Secret Life of Plants: Released in 1979 as the soundtrack for the documentary "The Secret Life of Plants", which was based on the book of the same name written by Peter Tompkins and Christopher Bird.
♬Read a Series #1. The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper
2. Billboard Charts: The album reached #4 on the Rock and R&B Billboard charts.
♬Read a Series #2. Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews
3. Send One Your Love: The only single to be released from the also, it also reached #4 on the Billboard charts.
♬Read a book with 'love' in the title Filthy Beautiful Love by Kendall Ryan
4. Album Cover: The album cover was chosen by Rolling Stone for their list of 100 Album Covers in 1991.
♬Read a book with a plant on the cover Blue Skies by Robyn Carr
5. Producer: It was produced by Stevie Wonder.
♬Read a book whose title begins with S The Substitute Millionaire by Susan Mallery
6. Michael Braun: Michael Braun was the film's producer and worked closely with Stevie Wonder in creating the film score.
♬Read a book by an author whose last initial is M The Unexpected Millionaire by Susan Mallery
7. Collaborations: Though most of the songs for the album were written by Stevie Wonder, a co0uple of them were collaborations with Syreeta Wright and Michael Sembello.
♬Read a anthology with at least two different authors On the Edge
8. Reception: While some thought the album was 'nerdy', 'goofy' or 'odd', others found it to be 'beautiful', 'courageous' 'sweet', and 'beautiful'.
♬Read a book with 'beautiful' in the title Filthy Beautiful Lies by Kendall Ryan
9. Length: The length of the album is 88 minutes, 23 seconds.
♬Read a book with the number 8, 2, or 3 in its total number of pages. 305 pages A Perfect Storm by Lori Foster
10. Stevie Wonder: Stevie Wonder is a child prodigy who has become one of the most creative and loved musicians of the late 20the century. He has been blind since shortly after birth.
♬Read a book in which the first letter of every word in the title can be found in STEVIEWONDER.
The Executive's Decision by Bernadette Marie