From WACKY READING CHALLENGES on Goodreads
FAVORITE ALBUM - GLASS HOUSES
DATE: 02/01/15 - 03/31/15
Levels of Participation
Disc One = 1 to 3 Tasks
Disc Two = 4 to 6 Tasks
Disc Three = 7+ Tasks
Choose a level of participation and complete the required number of tasks. Tasks can be mixed. For example, if you choose to do the Disc One Level (1 to 3 tasks), you may choose to complete a task for numbers 1, 2 and 3, OR you may choose to do a task for numbers 2, 5, and 9.
Books should be at least 125 pages. All formats are acceptable. Re-reads are fine--just be sure to re-read the entire book. When updating your challenge with books you've read, please include a link to the book title, mention the author's name, and post the date you finished reading the book.
This favorite album challenge will focus on Glass Houses by Billy Joel, and was recommended by Barb. Thanks for the recommendation, Barb!
1. Glass Houses: Glass Houses was the 7th studio album by Billy Joel
♬ Read a a Series #7. Darling Beast by Elizabeth Hoyt
2. It's Still Rock and Roll to Me: This single released from the album became Billy Joel's first song to peak at #1 on Billboard's Pop Singles Chart. It spend 11 weeks in the Top 10, but was #1 from July 19 - August 1, 1980.
♬ Read a Series #1 Wedding Bands by Ev Bishop
3. Album Cover: The album cover features Joel posed with a rock in hand, facing the front of his home.
♬ Read a Series #2 From This Moment On by Bella Andre
4. Producer: The album was produced by Phil Ramone and was the third collaboration between he and Joel.
♬ Form a word from the letters - PHILRAMONE, and read a book with that word found in the title ONE One Summer by JoAnn Ross
5. Grammy Award: Glass Houses won a Grammy Award in 1981 for Best Rock Vocal Performance - Male.
♬ Read a Series #5 Thrown by a Curve by Jaci Burton
6. American Music Awards: Glass Houses won the AMA Favorite Pop/Rock Album award in 1981.
♬ Read a Series #6. One Sweet Ride by Jaci Burton
7. Length: The album runs 35 minutes, 6 seconds.
♬ Read a Series #3. Once Upon A Valentine's by Holly Jacobs
8. Release Date: The album was recorded in 1979 and released on March 10, 1980. It ranked #4 on Billboard's 1980 year-end album chart.
♬ Read a Series #4 Industrial Magic by Kelley Armstrong
9. Genre: Glass Houses is classified as Rock, New Wave. Interestingly, Joel references New Wave in the song "It's Still Rock and Roll to Me".
♬ Read a Series #9. Raising Kane by Lorelei James #9
10. Billy Joel: According to some sources, Billy Joel is the 6th best-selling recording artist in the US.
♬ Read a in which the first letter of every word in the title can be found in BILLYJOEL The Look of Love by Bella Andre