Since the challenge was so large with the categories and pictures, I started this game play post to track my books read.
A Picture Paints a Thousand Words link
Duration: Mar 01, 2015 - Dec 11, 2015
1. Sandro Botticelli, The Birth of Venus: 1486, Italy, Tempera on Canvas, Uffizzi Gallery in Florence.
❊ Read a book with a birth in it If You Were Mine by Bella Andre
2. Leonardo da Vinci, Mona Lisa: ~1517, Italy, Oil on Poplar, Musee de Louvre in Paris.
❊ Read a book with a two word title that does not include a, an or the Making Chase by Lauren Dane
3. Michaelangelo, The Creation of Adam: 1512, Italy, Fresco, Sistine Chapel in Vatican City.
❊ Read a book where a male main character has a first name starting with the letter A August Fletcher Turn and Burn by Lorelei James
4. Raphael, The School of Athens: 1511, Italy, Fresco, Apostolic Palace in Vatican City.
❊ Read a book whose cover shows at least three people. Games Girls Play by Deanna Lee
5. Pieter Brugel, Landscape with the Fall of Icarus: 1590, Belgium, Oil on Canvas, Museum van Buuren in Brussels.
❊ Read a book where a document or work of art is forged Insatiable Appetites by Stuart Woods
6. Diego Velazquez, Las Meninas: 1656, Spain, Oil on Canvas, Museo del Prado in Madrid.
❊ Read a book with a predominantly black cover I Belong To You by Lisa Renee Jones
7. Rembrandt, The Night Watch: 1642, The Netherlands, Oil on Canvas, Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam.
❊ Read a book where a battle is fought In His Keeping by Maya Banks
8. Johannes Vermeer, Girl With a Pearl Earring: 1663, The Netherlands, Oil on Canvas, Mauritshuis in The Hague.
❊ Read a book with a woman's face clearly visible on the cover Once and Again by Lauren Dane
9. Francisco Goya, The Third of May 1808: 1814, Spain, Oil on Canvas, Museo del Prado in Madrid.
❊ Read a book with a gun on the cover. When You Dare by Lori Foster
10. Edouard Manet, Olympia: 1863, France, Oil on Canvas, Musee d'Orsay in Paris.
❊ Read a book with a woman of easy virtue This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas
11. James McNeill Whistler, Whistler's Mother: 1871, US, Oil on Canvas, Musee d'Orsay in Paris.
❊ Read a book with a seated person clearly visible on the cover -Hope Burns by Jaci Burton
12. Paul Cezanne, The Basket of Apples: 1895, France, Oil on Canvas, Art Institute of Chicago.
❊ Read a book that can be said to belong to at least two different genres - Erotic Paranormal Mystery
Their Virgin Secretary by Shayla Black and Lexi Blake
13. Claude Monet, Water Lilies: ~1920, France, Oil on Canvas, several museums around the world.
❊ Read at least two books from the same series
Always On My Mind by Bella Andre
Let Me Be the One by Bella Andre
14. Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Dance at Le Moulin de la Galette: 1876, France, Oil on Canvas, Musee d'Orsay.
❊ Read a book with a word in a foreign language in the title The Christmas Bouquet Sherryl Woods 5/8/15
15. Vincent Van Gogh, Starry Night: 1889, The Netherlands, Oil on Canvas, Museum of Modern Art.
❊ Read a book with a character who has a mental illness This Man Confessed by Jodi Ellen Malpas
16. Georges Seurat, A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte: 1884, France, Oil on Canvas, Art Institute of Chicago.
❊ Read a book set during summer months. Freefall by JoAnn Ross
17. Gustav Klimt, The Kiss: 1909, Austria, Oil and Gold Leaf on Canvas, Österreichische Galerie Belvedere in Vienna.
❊ Read a book marked Romance on its GR main page Come A Little Bit Closer by Bella Andre
18. Edvard Munch, The Scream: 1893, Norway, Oil, Tempera, Pastel and Crayon on Cardboard, National Gallery in Oslo.
❊ Read a book with a predominantly orange cover Black Magic Woman by Christine Warren
19. Vasily Kandinsky, Composition 8: 1923, Russia, Oil on Canvas, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum in New York.
❊ Read a book with a Russian character Wolf at the Door by Christine Warren
20. Henri Matisse, Dance: 1910, France, Oil on Canvas, The Hermitage on St. Petersburg.
❊ Read a book where a character gets free (of some kind of bondage). Beneath This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas
21. Pablo Picasso, Portrait of Dora Maar: 1937, Spain, Oil on Canvas, Tate Gallery in London.
❊ Read a book where a main character is a muse to someone Sweet Surrender by Deanna Lee
22. Grant Wood, American Gothic: 1930, US, Oil on Beaverboard, Art Institute of Chicago.
❊ Read a book that is set in Iowa Out of the Past Dana Roquet 12/11/15
23. Rene Magritte, The Son of Man: 1964, Belgium, Oil on Canvas, Private Collection.
❊ Read a book with a hat on the cover Shoulda Been a Cowboy by Lorelei James
24. Salvador Dali, The Persistence of Memory: 1931, Spain, Oil on Canvas, Museum of Modern Art in New York.
❊ Read a book that deals with memories (the narrator could be an old person reflecting on their youth) -Cowboy Take Me Away by Lorelei James
25. Jackson Pollock, No. 5, 1948: 1948, US, Oil on Fibreboard, Private Collection.
❊ Read a book by an author whose spouse is also an author spouse Jack Wilder and a book whose title starts with a letter in "ABSTRACT" (ignore A, An and The). Alpha by Jasinda Wilder