Sunday, February 22, 2015

No In Between by Lisa Renee Jones


Inside Out #4
Chris and Sara deal with Amber and her antics. They bring her to a rehab. Then they return to San Francisco to deal with the fall out from Ava trying to murder Sara and her confession of murdering Rebecca. The police don't have any evidence of the murder and seem to be doubting Sara's story. All the people surrounding Chris and Sara are suspects. The press is after a story. Sara is having panic attacks again. Chris is trying his best to protect her.
Will they make it through this drama?

I loved this book. But I want to know what happened to Rebecca and Ella. Maybe in the next one.

From the author:
“Chris and I have faced our demons and bared our souls to one another in Paris. Now that we are back home in San Francisco, I want to believe that nothing can tear us apart. Not Ava’s accusations against me to the police, or Chris’s fear that he will destroy me as he feels he did Amber. And not Mark, who was once too intimately a part of our lives, and who I can see crumbling inside out. He believes he is invincible, just as I want to believe Chris and I are invincible. We have to be invincible. We need each other too much for any other ending.”

Excerpt:
My fingers wrap his wrist. “I know you want to protect me, and I love you for that more than you know.”
“Yet too easily, you found a reason to shut me out tonight. Trust isn’t a fair weather friend. It’s about a willingness to be vulnerable and exposed.”
“And I am willing to do that. That’s why I’m here now.”
He searches my face, and I don’t know what he looks for, what he needs, or what he finds. He releases me abruptly.
“Hold out your hands and lace your fingers together.”

Read more here.

Pages: 290
Published: 2014

No comments: