Monday, March 2, 2015

Just One Night by Kyra Davis


Kasie is bored with her life but she doesn't realize it until she and her best friend go to Las Vegas. Simone tells Kasie to sleep with a stranger and that is what she does. She feels like a desired woman for the first time. It changes her. His name is Mr. Dade. He rocks her world.

She asks her boyfriend for some exciting sex but he is appalled and leaves. But he is insisting on buying her an engagement ring but he never asked her to marry him. She wants a ruby but Dave insists on a diamond. He just doesn't listen to her. He treats her like an object and not someone he cherishes.

Mr. Dade finds her and arranges for her to be a consultant for his company to work on an IPO. He tempts her and she has sex with him. Dave is looking less attractive to her. They cannot stay away from each other. Is it love? Or the same thing in a different package?

I loved this story although there for awhile I wanted to smack Kasie and asked her what she was doing. But Simone kind of did it!

From the author:
“You should sleep with a stranger . . .” 

Her best friend whispered in her ear. 

Kasie Fitzgerald knows who she’s supposed to be. Responsible. Reliable. Predictable. She’s an ambitious workaholic who is devoted to the sensible man she plans to marry. But one wild, impulsive night in Vegas is about to open her eyes. . . . 

Trying her luck at a blackjack table, Kasie meets him. Intense. Flirtatious. Dangerous. She accepts his invitation for a drink . . . and then to his hotel room. She doesn’t know his name. But she’ll never forget the sex. Hard. Thrilling. Explosive. 

So when her mystery man shows up at her office unexpectedly, she succumbs to his mastery, both in bed and in the boardroom. There’s no telling where the powerful, wealthy Robert Dade will lead her. But there’s also no resisting her desire. The only question is who she’ll be when the journey ends. 

Excerpt:
CHAPTER 1 


THE RED HERVE LEGER bandage dress I’m wearing is not mine. It belongs to my friend Simone. Yesterday I would have laughed off the very suggestion that I wear anything this overtly provocative. Tomorrow I’ll dismiss the idea out of hand. But tonight? Tonight is a night of exceptions.

I stand in the middle of the hotel room Simone and I are sharing at the Venetian and tug at the hem. Can I even sit down in this dress?

“You look so sexy,” she coos as she slips up behind me and pulls my black, wavy hair behind my shoulders. The move feels a little too intimate and I feel a little too exposed.

I step away from her and twist myself into a pretzel as I try to see the back of the dress in the mirror. “Am I really going out in this?”
I pull down on the hem again. I’m used to wearing suits. Not the kinds of suits women wear in the movies, but the kinds of suits women wear in real life when they work at a global consulting firm. The kinds of suits that make you almost forget you’re a woman, let alone a sexual being. But this dress sings a melody I haven’t sung before.

“I won’t be able to eat so much as a carrot stick while wearing this,” I complain as I stare down at the neckline. I’m not wearing a bra. The only thing I was able to fit under the dress was a delicate little thong. But the dress is designed to prop everything up . . . which I have mixed feelings about. What surprises me is that my feelings are mixed. I’m slightly embarrassed; that’s to be expected. I also feel a little sinful just putting on this thing and yet . . . Simone’s right, I look hot.

I’ve never thought of myself in those terms. No one does. When people hear the name Kasie Fitzgerald, they think responsible, reliable, steady.

Steady, steady Kasie. 

Read more here.

ebook400 pages
Published December 31st 2013 by Gallery Books

No comments: