Thursday, April 23, 2015

Filthy Beautiful Forever by Kendall Ryan


Filthy Beautiful Lies: Book 4
Collins is unhappy. He is missing something but he doesn't know what until she knocked on his door. Mia, his childhood best friend and the first female he had sex with, is here. She has lost her job. She reminds him about a promise they made to each other when they were ten. If they were both single when they are 30, they would marry each other.
Mia has always loved Collins. But when she realizes he has a live-in girlfriend, she wants to leave. But Collins wants her to stay.  Tatianna, the girlfriend, takes a job during the week she is supposed to go to Paris with Collins for a business deal. He gets angry and confronts her. He says they are going to take this week to think about their future.
Collins asks Mia to go with him and she jumps at the chance. What will happen in Paris?

I loved this one.

From the author:
Collins Drake exercises control over all facets of his life. From his business, to satisfying his physical needs … it all happens on his command.

So when a woman shows up at his door and reminds him of a promise they made each other when they were just ten years old, it shouldn’t have the ability to rock his entire world.

Yet it does.

Because Mia Monroe wasn't just his childhood best friend, she wasn't just the girl he lost his virginity to and hasn't seen since, she's the one exception to his perfect control. And piece by piece, she's about to tear apart his carefully laid plans.


Excerpt:

Chapter One

Collins



I can’t seem to ejaculate lately.
It isn’t from lack of effort on my part. Hell, no. I'm no quitter, but despite pumping into my very hot supermodel girlfriend for the last hour, trying every position you can imagine, and even inventing a few of my own, I am nowhere near coming.
F**k.
Sweat drips from my abs and chest onto hers, and I murmur an apology and thrust harder, slamming into her body again and again as I try to get there. She's already come four times and during her last two orgasms she asked me if I was close. Yes, I lied.
Giving a final huff, she pushes me off her. "What the hell, Collins?" She moves from the bed, tossing a pillow at my face, as she grabs her silk robe.
I sit back on my heels; naked as the day I was born, wondering what the f**k is wrong with me. Tatianna is tall and thin with long silky hair, and she's front and center in the mental spank banks of men worldwide. This has nothing to do with her, or shit, maybe it does, I don’t know.
"Listen, babe, I'm just tired, okay?" I'd run six miles that morning and then done a brutal kickboxing workout with my youngest brother, Pace. And hell, maybe some of the conversation we'd had while throwing jabs and uppercuts is still spinning in my head. When he'd inquired about my relationship with Tatianna, I'd admitted to him that I was pretty sure she only regarded me as her personal bank account, and she was merely a warm body to lose myself in. Only that isn't working so well for me lately either.
I watch from the bed as Tatianna dresses herself, choosing designer garments from the massive walk-in closet I had built for her. She tosses stray clothes to the floor before finally settling on a black shift dress and matching heels. "I'm going out," she says in my direction.
I know she's pissed at me, but shouldn’t we talk about this? Isn't that what couples do?
I merely nod.
I'm sure she's going out shopping, her typical Saturday afternoon activity.
After she's gone, I shower and dress, then sit alone in the library enjoying a one-hundred year old scotch. I consider calling my brothers, but they're probably each busy with their families. Leaning back in the leather armchair, I close my eyes.
I exercise control over all things in my life—from my company, to my relationships, to the way I handle my business—only my c**k hasn’t gotten the memo. The selfish prick.
I could make an appointment for a physical—but I'm sure my doctor would tell me the problem is with my head, not my di*k. I can come just fine with my own hand—and I don't want to hear why he thinks that is. Not something I care to examine, thanks, Doc.

Read more here.

Pages: 306
Published: 2015

No comments: