Crazy Challenge Connection discussion
DURATION: Feb. 1 - 29, 2016
Everyone knows that Groundhog Day, Valentine’s Day and US President’s Day are in February. Here’s a challenge based on lesser-known holidays that occur in the second month of the year.
FEBRUARY 5 IS NATIONAL WEATHERMAN'S DAY
* Read a book in which a character makes a formal prediction of some kind OR a book with a main character who is on TV or radio regularly OR a book with some sort of inclement weather on the cover (must be visible in the GR thumbnail; post the cover)
Curveball Kate Angell 2/14/16
FEBRUARY 8 IS CLEAN OUT YOUR COMPUTER DAY
* Read a book with a main character who cleans or organizes for a living OR a book with a character who works with computers OR clean out your physical bookshelves or your ebook "shelves" and read one of the books you'd forgotten about
My Man, Michael Lori Foster 2/24/16
FEBRUARY 13 IS GET A DIFFERENT NAME DAY
* Read a book by an author who writes under more than one name OR a book by an author whose first or last name is the same as yours (spelling variations are ok -- Kathy and Cathy, for example -- but otherwise, the name should be an exact match)
If we know you by a nickname, but your given name is different, you may match either name for this task (i.e., Cindy and Cynthia).
How to Kiss a Cowboy Joanne Kennedy 2/26/16
FEBRUARY 15 IS SINGLES AWARENESS DAY
* Read a book with a main character who is single (not engaged/married) from the start of the book to the end OR a book by an author who has written only ONE book
Thrust Victoria Ashley 2/5/16
FEBRUARY 19 IS NATIONAL CHOCOLATE MINT DAY
* Read a book whose cover is primarily chocolate brown or mint green (post the cover!) OR a book with some kind of candy or dessert on the cover (must be visible in the GR thumbnail; post the cover)
Sarah West 2/28/16
FEBRUARY 22 IS WALKING THE DOG DAY
* Read a book with a dog on the cover (must be visible in the GR thumbnail; post the cover) OR a book with the word WALK in its title or in the author's name (compound words and names like WALKer are ok)
No One's Angel Kelly Walker 2/27/16
FEBRUARY 27 IS POLAR BEAR DAY
* Read a book set in a climate that is cold more often than not (tell us where) Maine OR a book with a single white object occupying at least 50% of its cover (must be visible in the GR thumbnail; post the cover); a white cover will NOT work for this
Taken with You Shannon Stacey 2/10/16
FEBRUARY 29 IS LEAP DAY
* Read a book with a "29" in its total number of pages (294 or 629 work; 209 or 923 do not) OR a book with the letters L, E, A and P in its title (do NOT have to be consecutive or in order)
Squeeze Play Kate Angell 2/13/16
CHALLENGE RULES :
See this thread for more detailed rules for all CCC challenges.
♦ If you want to participate in this challenge, please sign up by posting at least a partial list of the challenge requirements. This gives us a post to link you to, which you can use to update your books as the challenge progresses.
♦ Unless otherwise noted, books must be at least 150 pages long. (See the link above for rules regarding graphic novels.) Books may only be used for one task in this challenge, but cross-challenge posting is encouraged :) Re-reads are allowed, as long as you read the entire book. You must read at least half of the book AFTER the challenge begins in order to count it for this challenge.
♦ For each book you read, please post a link to the title, and indicate the author and the date you finished reading it. If a challenge task gives several options, please make it clear which option you’ve chosen. If the task calls for an item on the cover or specific author initials or name/s, you must include a link to the book cover and/or author's name, respectively.*
* If you don’t know how to post a link to the book title, cover or author, see the instructions here: Add a link to the book title, book cover and/or author
♦ When you complete the challenge, please post your entire list as a new message. If you do this while you still have the Edit window open, it will copy all of your links and formatting. If you don’t repost your list, your name will not be added to the list of those who have completed the challenge.