The Lost Challenges discussion on goodreads
Every 3 months we will give you a list of facts about a randomly selected year with reading tasks to go with them. Read one book for each task.
*Each book may only be used for one task.
*For each book that you read please post a link to the book, the author and the date you finished it.
*Please briefly explain how your book fits the task.
*If the task relates to the cover, please post the cover.
*If more than one option is given for a task please state which option your book relates to.
*All genres and formats are fine.
*Re-reads are allowed.
*No page minimum.
*When you have finished please either re-post your whole challenge as a new message or post a message letting us know the number of your original post.
Fond Memories: 1-5 tasks
Reminiscing: 6-10 tasks
Nostalgia: 10-15 tasks
Duration: 1st January 2017 - 31st March 2017
Don't forget to let us know when you're done so we can award you your 'Hall of Fame' badge!
This quarter the year is: 1977
1. Most watched TV show– Laverne & Shirley
Read a book that features room mates
The Year We Fell Down Sarina Bowen 1/4/17
2. Best selling single (US) – Tonight’s The Night – Rod Stewart
Read a book with a night scene on the cover
Broken Kelley Armstrong 1/14/17
3. Best selling album (US) – Fleetwood Mac – Rumours
Read a book where someone starts or hears a rumour
Complicate Me M. Robinson 1/4/17
4. Most popular film – Star Wars
Read a Sci-Fi book OR a book featuring a war
Silver Storm Cynthia Wright 2/17/17
5. Best selling book – The Silmarillion – J.R.R. Tolkien
Read a fantasy book
Skin Game Jim Butcher 1/3/17
6. Celebrities of the year – Burt Reynolds / Diane Keaton / Donna Summer / David Soul
Read a book by an author who shares a first or last name with one of these people.
At Home on Ladybug Farm Donna Ball 1/20/17
7. Born this year – Jan 13th - Orlando Bloom (Actor)
Read a book with a main character who has an unusual name Briggs - She's a woman.
Crave Me M. Robinson 1/7/17
8. Died this year – Aug 16th - Elvis Presley
Read a book with a character who is an actor or singer (or both!)
Forbid Me M. Robinson 1/5/17
IN THE NEWS
9. Jan 20th - Jimmy Carter's first day in office. Before becoming president he was a peanut farmer.
Read a book set on a farm / with a rural setting
Galahad in Jeans Jennifer Blake 1/2/17
10. Apr 2nd - Red Rum won the Grand National for the 3rd time.
Read a book that is the 3rd in a series
Undo Me M. Robinson 1/6/17
11. Jun 7th - Queen Elizabeth II celebrated her Silver Jubilee.
Read a book with something silver on the cover Motorcycle
Hell on Wheels Julie Ann Walker 1/9/17
12. Jun 10th - The first Apple II computers went on sale.
Read a book where someone uses a computer
31 Days of Winter C.J. Fallowfield 1/10/17
13. Jul 13th-14th - New York City Blackout.
Read a book set in New York
After the Kiss Lauren Layne 1/13/17
14. August - The Brazilian island of Colares was visited by mysterious flying objects.
Read a book where something mysterious happens
A Question of Honor Charles Todd 1/18/17
15. Dec 1st - Nickelodeon Channel (originally named ‘Pinwheel’) launched.
Read a children’s or Young Adult book.
Never Never Colleen Hoover 2/5/17