The Lost Challenges discussion on goodreads
The general rules of Scattergories are you are given a list of categories and a time limit. Then the letter dice is rolled and you have to come up with something that matches your letter and the category.
This “Challenge” works in conjunction with the other challenges you may participate in this month. You may use a book to fulfill multiple items (you don't have to read 12 books this month...don't worry!) While you are fulfilling the requirements of your other challenges, be on the lookout for the following items (they may be on the cover or mentioned in the book):
The Challenge: I will post a list of 12 categories, 6 general relating to any book, and 6 specific to that month. On the last day of the month before, I will post the letter of the month. You can start reading on the 1st. The goal is to get as many points as possible by the end of the month.
February 1-February 28
1. Book Title: Tumble Into Love J.H. Croix 2/5/17
2. Author: Nancy S. Thompson Stirred 2/13/17
3. Main Character:
4. Secondary Character: Trey Demon Hunting With a Dixie Deb Lexi George 2/1/17
5. Place: Tennessee Sweet Water Christina Baker Kline 2/4/17
6. Cover: Timepiece (?) Eighth Grave After Dark Darynda Jones 2/22/17
Valentines Day is celebrated in many places around the world on February 14. This month, we will focus on "Valentines" words. In the text of your book, find words that mean the same as the following words beginning with the chosen letter (2 points) OR find the given word (1 point)
7. Love Demon Hunting With a Dixie Deb Lexi George 2/1/17 p 286 The infernal female kept him confused and in a constant state of arousal, his feelings an unsettling welter of protectiveness, tenderness, and a craving no one but she could sate.
8. Chocolate: Eighth Grave After Dark Darynda Jones 2/22/17 p 16 I’d definitely be hitting that again, though I needed to leave room for pumpkin mousse, tiramisu, and chocolate truffles.
9. Flower Slip of the Knife Denise Mina 2/2/17 p 36 Sister Tansy was alone behind the counter, her mouth perpetually a tightly drawstring bag, eyes despising whatever hove into her line of vision.
10. Gift Demon Hunting With a Dixie Deb Lexi George 2/1/17 p 288 She’s a good kid with a useful talent.
11. Romance/Romantic Accidentally on Purpose Jill Shalvis 2/2/17
p 207 “Not even close because you put yourself in front of me and took the bullet yourself.”
“Because I’m not the one of us maybe carrying our baby.”
12. Dinner Tumble Into Love J.H. Croix 2/5/17 p 53 “Okay then, there’s a great Thai place.
and your letter is....