The Lost Challenges discussion on goodreads
Every 3 months we will give you a list of facts about a randomly selected year with reading tasks to go with them. Read one book for each task.
Fond Memories: 1-5 tasks
Reminiscing: 6-10 tasks
Nostalgia: 11-15 tasks - My Choice
*For each book that you read please post a link to the book, the author and the date you finished it.
*Each book may only be used for one task
*To count a book towards a challenge you must read the majority of it after the start date of the challenge.
* Where more than one option is given for a task, please state which option your book relates to.
*Please explain briefly how your book fits a task.
*If the task relates to the cover of your book, please post the cover AND the book link.
*All genres and formats are fine.
*Re-reads are allowed.
*No page minimum.
*When you have finished please re-post your whole challenge as a new message or you will not be considered to have completed the challenge and we will not be able to award your Hall of Fame badge
(Even if you don't hit the level you were aiming for by the deadline, please re-post your challenge anyway as you may still be eligible for a lower level badge.)
Please see TLC Standard Challenge Rules for further details.
This quarter the year is: 1986
Duration: 1st April 2017 - 30th June 2017
1. Most watched TV show– The Cosby Show
Read a book where family plays a major part.
Fool Me Once Harlan Coben 4/5/17
2. Best selling single (US) – That’s What Friends Are For – Dionne & Friends
Read a book with a group of friends as the main characters.
Velvet Kisses Addison Moore 4/2/17
3. Best selling album (UK) – True Blue - Madonna
Read a book with a blue cover (please post the cover)
Rock Candy Kisses Addison Moore 4/1/17
4. Most popular film – Top Gun
Read a book that features a pilot character OR where someone travels in a plane.
Fly With Me Chanel Cleeton 4/5/17
5. Best selling book – It - Stephen King
Read a scary book.
6. Celebrities of the year – Janet Jackson / Tom Cruise / Don Johnson / Kim Basinger
Read a book by an author who shares a first or last name with one of these people.
7. Born this year – Jun 13th - Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen - (Actress twins)
Read a book involving twins.
Ever After Jude Deveraux 4/6/17
8. Died this year – Apr 24th - Wallis Simpson - (Wife of Edward, Duke of Windsor)
Read a book about forbidden love.
Spinning Out Lexi Ryan 4/13/17
IN THE NEWS
9. Feb 17th - Nine countries, including the UK, sign the Single European Act at Luxembourg.
Read a book set in Europe.
The Undomestic Goddess Sophie Kinsella 4/25/17
10. May 25th - The 'Hands Across America' charity event is staged.
Read a book that has hands on the cover (please post the cover)
One Night of Scandal Elle Kennedy 4/26/17
11. July 5th-20th – The first Goodwill Games are held in Moscow.
Read a book with a character who is an athlete.
12. July 23rd - Prince Andrew marries Sarah Ferguson at Westminster Abbey.
Read a book that features a wedding.
The Blossom Sisters Fern Michaels 4/11/17
13. Oct 27th - The Australian TV soap Neighbours is launched on BBC1.
Read a book set in Australia OR written by an Australian author.
The Lake House Kate Morton 4/29/17
14. Oct - Brian Jacques' children's fantasy novel Redwall, first in the eponymous series is published.
Read a fantasy OR children's book.
15. A full survey is carried out of Loch Ness in Scotland hoping to find proof that 'Nessie' exists. No proof is found.
Read a book that features a mythical creature.
Ill Wind Rachel Caine 4/3/17