Sunday, July 23, 2017

TLC August 2017 Scavenger Hunt - Vacation!

The Lost Challenges discussion on goodreads


description

Each month we will give you a list of 50 themed words to find in your books. 

There is no limit to how many words you can get per book.

For each word please post a link to the book, the author, the date you finished it, plus the page number/location and sentence where you found the word.

EXAMPLE -
Apple - A Touch of Ice - L.J. Charles (1/10/16) 
I had a weakness for apple pie, heavy on the cinnamon... (loc. 245)

Any genre/format is fine. 
Re-reads are OK. 
No page minimum.
To count a book towards the challenge you must read the majority of it after the start date of the challenge. 

At the end of the month please re-post your whole challenge as a new message so that we can award your Hall of Fame badge!

(Even if you don't hit the level you were aiming for, you can still claim a badge for the words you did get.) 


Our theme for August is...

description

Choose your Level:
Weekend Break – 10-20 words
Annual Leave – 21-40 words
Trip of a Lifetime – 41-50 words


DURATION: 1st August 2017 - 31st August 2017

***Reserve your spot but no hunting till the 1st!***

Happy hunting!

Word List

8. Currency The Red Tiffany Reisz 8/31/17 p 21 I’ll pay you in the currency of the gallery.

50. Voyage Falling for You Julie Ortolon 8/31/17 p 161 The kick-off voyage is this Saturday.



Part Time Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #1) by Maisey Yates Part Time Cowboy Maisey Yates 8/2/17
3. Boat p He'd just proved that the size of the boat had a lot to do with ...
4. Booking p 23 ... and booking seventeen-year-old Sadie, ...
5. Break p 33 ... but Eli appreciated the break.
11. Explore p 84 ... had she given in to the urge to visually explore it.
12. Flight p 218 She was a flight risk of the highest order, ...
13. Foreign p 152 Foreign, and completely out of her depth.
20. Leisure p 113 Makes me feel like a lady of leisure.
22. Map p 122 Like the path on a map, leading to buried treasure. 
23. Motel p 65 With that had come vacation rentals, small motels and ...
24. Pack p 53 I've got too much to pack up and bring with me.
27. Plane p 36 ... a perfectly flat plane with deep grooves ... 
28. Pool p 181 ... hiding the festering pool of worry beneath.
30. Relax p 125 To make him relax.
31. Reservation p 37 What if I want to make a reservation?
34. Ship ... when she was trying to jump ship.
36. Station p 163 ... Bud, not the one from the gas station, said ...
37. Suitcase p 234 ... saw her car, the back door open, suitcases inside.
39. Ticket p 155 Gave out some speeding tickets, so the ...
40. Tour p 48 And I hope you're enjoying this tour of ...things that are not finished ... 
41. Tourist p 157 ... it wasn't peak tourist season, ...
42. Train p 143 ... like the tragic victim of a train collision, ...
43. Translate p 45 Mainly because his body never seemed to want to translate those kinds of messages.
45. Travel p 10 Toby wasn't a fan of air travel.
46. Trip p 10 The entire road trip had been endured ...
47. Trunk p 104 "Then you know that I'm more likely to protect her rather than drag her off and throw her in my trunk," Eli said.
48. Vacation p 65 With that come vacation rentals, small ...



Devils and Details (Ordinary Magic, #2) by Devon Monk Devils and Details Devon Monk 8/3/17
6. Camera p 139 We have a camera on it.
14. Guide p 74 I started the engine and guided the Jeep south toward town.
16. Hotel p 51 ... the house that was the size of a hotel ballroom.
17. Island p 127 ... while ushering her over to the island to sit.
44. Transport p 187 “How did you transport the powers?” 



Almost Perfect (Perfect Trilogy, #1) by Julie Ortolon Almost Perfect Julie Ortolon 8/4/17
1. Airport p 10 So the next year I showed up at the airport wearing one of those big black boots, ...
7. Cruise p 290 I’m thinking a cruise.
18. Journey p 127 A single step can start a journey.
21. Luggage p 277 ... to help her with the luggage and was shouldered away.
26. Photograph p 83 I brought photographs of my work, just in case, but ...
32. Resort p 205 “Rick and Dale own a wonderful resort and health spa in the mountains,” Juanita put in. 



Some Lucky Woman Jana's Story (What's luck got to do with It Book 1) by Carmen DeSousa Some Lucky Woman: Jana's Story Carmen DeSousa 8/4/17

2. Baggage Loc 3161 I glanced up at the arriving flights board, searching for my baggage claim number.
10. Destination Loc 3308 My destination, the Speakeasy, was located below the lobby.
15. Holiday Loc 828 I’d almost forgotten about the lovers’ holiday.



Hide Your Heart (Bounty Bay #1) by Tracey Alvarez Hide Your Heart Tracey Alvarez 8/10/17
25. Passport p 187 ... dress ripped, but I grabbed Drew and my passport and left.

Same Beach, Next Year by Dorothea Benton Frank Same Beach, Next Year Dorothea Benton Frank 8/13/17
33. Safari p 37 “You’d think we’re going on safari with all this stuff!” 
49. Visa Same p 146 I paid the small entrance fee with my Visa card and went inside to see the Asian art. 



Return to Tradd Street (Tradd Street, #4) by Karen White Return to Tradd Street Karen White 8/18/17
29. Postcard p 92 I mean, it’s not like I get postcards or anything to let me know.


Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman Practical Magic Alice Hoffman 8/22/17
38. Sunbathe p 23 ... Gillian did not wear the top half of her bathing suit when she sunbathed in the backyard.

The Shape of My Heart (2B Trilogy #3) by Ann Aguirre The Shape of My Heart Ann Aguirre 8/23/17
19. Landmark p 47 ... but then I started recognizing landmarks.
35. Souvenir p 4 “It’s not the only childhood souvenir.”

How to Be Single A Novel by Liz Tuccillo How to Be Single: A Novel Liz Tuccillo 8/24/17
9. Customs p 117 Thomas told me later that I had gone through customs and been mistaken for a drug addict, had all my bags searched, ...

No comments: