The Lost Challenges discussion on goodreads
Duration: 6 months from start date.
Jaws is a 1975 American thriller film directed by Steven Spielberg and based on Peter Benchley's 1974 novel of the same name. In the story, a giant man-eating great white shark attacks beachgoers on Amity Island, a fictional New England summer resort town, prompting the local police chief to hunt it with the help of a marine biologist and a professional shark hunter. The film stars Roy Scheider as police chief Martin Brody, Robert Shaw as shark hunter Quint, Richard Dreyfuss as oceanographer Matt Hooper, Murray Hamilton as Larry Vaughn, the mayor of Amity Island, and Lorraine Gary as Brody's wife, Ellen. The screenplay is credited to both Benchley, who wrote the first drafts, and actor-writer Carl Gottlieb, who rewrote the script during principal photography.
Observer: 1-5 Tasks
Film Buff: 6-11 Tasks
Cinephile: 12+ Tasks
Film is based on Peter Benchley's 1974 novel of the same name.
1. Read .
2. Read a book with a four letter title.
Furr Axel Howerton 7/30/17
3. Read a book with a title that begins with a "J".
4. Read a book with a predator - your interpretation.
- serial killer
Come Sundown Nora Roberts 7/23/17
5. Read a book with a MPG Thriller.
Downfall J.A. Jance 8/16/17
The book is set in Amity, a seaside resort town on Long Island, New York. The movie was filmed on Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts
6. Read a book set in New York.
Can't Take My Eyes Off of You Bella Andre 8/12/17
7. Read a book set in a seaside resort town.
Part Time Cowboy Maisey Yates 8/2/17
8. Read a book set on an island.
Falling for You Julie Ortolon 8/31/17
9. Read a book set in Massachusetts.
Fully Ignited Shannon Stacey 8/23/17
In the book, Brody's wife starts a romantic relationship with Hooper, who is the younger brother of a man she used to date, and the two have a brief affair in a motel outside of town.
10. Read a book where characters have an affair.
How to Be Single: A Novel Liz Tuccillo 8/24/17
11. Read a book where characters spend the night in a hotel.
The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie Jennifer Ashley 7/27/17
Characters and Cast
12. Read a book with a police chief.
Death and Relaxation Devon Monk 8/1/17
13. Read a book where the mayor plays a prominent part.
Redemption Bay RaeAnne Thayne 7/28/17
14. Read a book with a character that hunts or fishes.
Baby, Don't Go Stephanie Bond 8/16/17
15. Read a book with a character that is a scientist of some kind.
The Secret Life of Violet Grant Beatriz Williams 9/13/17
16. Read a book with an author named (first or last) Peter, Carl, Hamilton, Steven or Shaw.
17. Read a book with a MC whose first name starts with a "R".
When I Need You Lorelei James 8/5/17
Now considered one of the greatest films ever made, Jaws was the prototypical summer blockbuster, with its release regarded as a watershed moment in motion picture history. Jaws became the highest-grossing film of all time until the release of Star Wars (1977). It was followed by three sequels.
18. Read a book that a friend has given 5 stars.
Breaking the Rules Suzanne Brockmann 8/29/17
19. Read a book in a series with at least 4 books.
Personal Demon Kelley Armstrong 7/25/17
20. Read a book published in the summer months of where you live. Tell us your country and the month the book is published.
June 2017 - USA Until It Fades K.A. Tucker 7/29/17
*For each book that you read please post a link to the book, the author and the date you finished it.
*Each book may only be used for one task or letter
*To count a book towards a challenge you must read the majority of it after the start date of the challenge.
* Where more than one option is given for a task, please state which option your book relates to.
*Please explain briefly how your book fits a task.
*If the task relates to the cover of your book, please post the cover AND the book link.
*All genres and formats are fine.
*Re-reads are allowed.
*No page minimum.
*Please update your original post as you go but also post an occasional message to let us know how you're getting on, if you would like to.
*When you have finished please re-post your whole challenge as a new message or you will not be considered to have completed the challenge and we will not be able to award your Hall of Fame badge
(Even if you don't hit the level you were aiming for by the deadline, please re-post your challenge anyway as you may still be eligible for a lower level badge.)
Please use the TLC STANDARD RULES when participating in this challenge.
If you are not familiar with these rules, please click on the link and read them over.
Info from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaws_(f... and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaws_(n...