♥♥ Serious About Series ♥♥ discussion on goodreads
TV/Movie Challenge Rear Window
Duration: July 15, 2017- January 15, 2018
Observer: 1-5 Tasks
Film Buff: 6-11 Tasks
***Cinephile: 11-18 Tasks***
Rear Window is a 1954 American Technicolor mystery thriller film directed by Alfred Hitchcock and written by John Michael Hayes based on Cornell Woolrich's 1942 short story "It Had to Be Murder". Originally released by Paramount Pictures, the film stars James Stewart, Grace Kelly, Wendell Corey, Thelma Ritter and Raymond Burr. It was screened at the 1954 Venice Film Festival.
The film is considered by many filmgoers, critics and scholars to be one of Hitchcock's best and one of the greatest movies ever made. The film received four Academy Award nominations and was ranked No. 42 on AFI's 100 Years...100 Movies list and No. 48 on the 10th-anniversary edition. In 1997, Rear Window was added to the United States National Film Registry in the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant".
Film is based on Cornell Woolrich's 1942 short story
1. Read the story - "It Had to Be Murder".
Rear Window is a 1954 American Technicolor mystery thriller film.
2. Read a book with a MPG of mystery, suspense OR thriller.
It's all of those!
The Liar Nora Roberts 7/21/17
3. Read a book whose title starts with a R or W.
Walking in Fire Cathryn Cade 7/21/17
4. Read a book with a word in the title that begins and ends with the same letter. eg. REAR and WINDOW
Going Under Lexi Ryan 7/19/17
After breaking his leg photographing a racetrack accident, a professional photographer, the adventurous L. B. "Jeff" Jefferies (James Stewart), is confined to a wheelchair in his Greenwich Village apartment to recuperate.
5. Read a book where the MC is a photographer OR taking photos is an important part of the story. Tell us how!
Hide Your Heart Tracey Alvarez 8/10/17
6. Read a book where a character breaks a bone OR is in a wheelchair.
Adam Jennifer Ashley 7/15/17
7. Read a book set in Greenwich Village OR New York City.
8. Read a book where a character or author uses initials. eg. J.D. Robb or CJ Tulley from What I Need.
Until It Fades K.A. Tucker 7/29/17
His rear window looks out onto a courtyard and several other apartments. In an explicit example of a condemnation of voyeurism, Stella expresses her outrage at Jeffries’ voyeuristic habits saying, “In the old days, they’d put your eyes out with a red hot poker” and “What people ought to do is get outside and look in for a change.”
9. Read a book where the characters live in the same apartment building OR with scenes in a courtyard.
Sinner Maggie Stiefvater 8/27/17
10. Read a book where a character is into voyeurism of some kind.
Distraction Nicole Edwards 7/22/17
The movie was nominated and won many awards.
11. Read a book that has been nominated OR won an award. Tell us the award.
Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award (RT Award) Nominee for Contemporary Love & Laughter (2014)
Snow Angel Cove RaeAnne Thayne 7/27/17
Time called it "just possibly the second most entertaining picture (after The 39 Steps) ever made by Alfred Hitchcock".
12. Read a Series/TBR #2. Baby, Come Home Stephanie Bond 7/25/17
13. Go to this website Scrabble Word Finder . Enter these letters - alfredhitcok. Get a list of words.
Read a book with a word in the title from the list you get. Tell us the word.
HARD Hard to Handle Nicole Edwards 7/18/17
Characters and Cast
14. Read a book with a character or author named Jeff, Lisa, Stella, James, Stewart, Grace, Kelly, Thelma, Raymond, Tom or Doyle. (Variations are allowed.)
When I Need You Lorelei James 8/5/17
Jeff's sophisticated, beautiful socialite girlfriend, Lisa Fremont (Grace Kelly), visits him regularly, as does his insurance company's nurse, Stella (Thelma Ritter). Stella wants Jeff to settle down and marry Lisa, but Jeff is reluctant.
15. Read a book with a character that is a nurse OR with a character that takes care of other characters in the book.
The Almost Sisters Joshilyn Jackson 7/20/17
16. Read a book with a character that has a boy/girlfriend but does not want to marry OR where a couple breaks up.
How to Be Single: A Novel Liz Tuccillo 8/24/17
17. Read a book with a red cover.
The Shape of My Heart Ann Aguirre 8/23/17
18. Read a book with something on the cover that is also on the movie poster. eg. man, woman, binoculars, etc. Tell us the item and show us the cover.
Falling Hard Lexi Ryan 8/21/17
Info from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rear_Wi...
If you want to participate in a challenge, sign up by posting a list of the challenge requirements.
This gives us a message to link you to so you can use to update your tasks as the challenge progresses.
Click on the edit link at the bottom of your message to add additional tasks or updates.
All books and formats are allowed (children's, manga, graphic novels, audiobooks, etc).
Rereads are allowed, as long as you read the entire book.
No page minimum.
When updating your challenge with the books you've read, please include: (1) book title link, (2) the author's name, (3) the date you finished reading the book.
If a challenge task gives several options, please make it clear which option you’ve chosen.
If the task calls for an item/color on the cover, please include a link to the book cover.
A book may be used for only one task.
When you complete the challenge, please post your entire list as a new message to make it easier for everyone to see what you’ve read and we can add finished to your name!
If you don’t know how to post a link to the book title, cover or author, see the instructions HERE.