The Lost Challenges discussion on goodreads
Each month we will give you a list of 50 themed words to find in your books.
There is no limit to how many words you can get per book.
For each word please post a link to the book, the author, the date you finished it, plus the page number/location and sentence where you found the word.
Apple - A Touch of Ice - L.J. Charles (1/10/16)
I had a weakness for apple pie, heavy on the cinnamon... (loc. 245)
Any genre/format is fine.
Re-reads are OK.
No page minimum.
To count a book towards the challenge you must read the majority of it after the start date of the challenge.
At the end of the month please re-post your whole challenge as a new message so that we can award your Hall of Fame badge!
(Even if you don't hit the level you were aiming for, you can still claim a badge for the words you did get.)
Chose your level:
Spook - 10-20 words
Ghoul - 21-40 words
***Undead - 41-50 words***
Prince of Wolves Quinn Loftis 10/1/17
1. Abundant Prince Loc 1581 Female Greys are not abundant and after ...
3. Apples Prince Loc 1711 How’d you like them apples?
5. Bright Prince Loc 276 “You’re up bright and early…and dressed,” said Jen sounding surprised.
6. Brown Loc 216 Mr. Henry was a little shorter than Fane with sandy brown hair and brown eyes;
17. Fire Loc 1375 ... or just gathered around the fire to talk.
33. Orange Loc 1521 ... poured himself a glass of orange juice.
36. Red Loc 862 ... everything to do with the sassy, red head across the street.
40. Scary Loc 290 ... and the scary thing was she was usually right.
42. Spooky Loc 105 ... girls,” Jacque says in a spooky narrative voice.
44. Visual Loc 2314 ... will leave is the visual symbol that you are mated,” ...
45. Vivid Loc 1648 Naturally, all Jen’s included vivid make-out scenes and ...
47. Witch Loc 2329 ... it; she became a sarcastic witch when she was nervous.
48. Weird Loc 501 ... she felt a weird tingling sensation across the top of her shoulders ...
Cast in Angelfire S.M. Reine 10/3/17
2. Amber Loc 1868 ... branches oozing orange strings of amber.
7. Chilly Loc 427 His presence made her feel safe enough to strip down in the chillybathroom—
9. Colorful Loc 2189 ... play, but it was just so colorful.
13. Creepy Loc 2329 Creepy paperweights, though.
14. Crisp Loc 1147 The crisp ocean air brought color ...
15. Enchanting Loc 1404 ... the water and sang enchanting music that Marion couldn’t hear, ...
16. Eerie Loc 1681 ... eyes were blank, eerie white.
18. Flannel Loc 697 ... then the man with the flannel shirt.
19. Foggy Loc 2618 Eggs vanished along with the foggy cavern.
23. Golden Loc 1643 ... draped in cobwebs and more shriveled golden vines, ...
27. Howling Loc 224 He thrashed, howling.
28. Icy Loc 2809 ... from the puddle so the icy amber tide wouldn’t touch her.
29. Inspirational Loc 843 ... an abstract painting with an inspirational quote.
30. Magical Loc 115 ... technology so complex that it seemed to be magical, and the ...
32. Moonlight Loc 427 Patterns of moonlight frothed on the tiles, ...
34. Pumpkin Loc 2672 ... was growing: the pumpkins, the vines, the herbs.
35. Rainy Loc 655 ... girl waiting at a rainy bus stop, ...
38. Rustling Loc 406 ... could hear her rustling around in there—
43. Vibrant Loc 3457 The memories became more vibrant as Marion delved deeper.
49. Yellow Loc 2046 The yellow hair cut in sloppy, asymmetrical lines didn’t ring any bells for Luke,...
The Firebird Susanna Kearsley 10/5/17
21. Frost p 103 ... painting crackled frost across the windowpanes each morning, ...
39. Scarf p 4 ‘No, that’s a scarf.’
Cold Blooded Amanda Carlson 10/5/17
22. Ghoul p 28 ... but he still looked like a ghoul.
Country Kisses Addison Moore 10/6/17
11. Cozy Loc 791 ... sell quaint, cozy houses ...
50. Zombie Loc 593 ... with lethargic zombie-like students ...
Accidental Sire Molly Harper 10/7/17
4. Breezy p 56 “It’s a cool, breezy fall evening, ripe with potential prey, ...
25. Haunted p 48 “Uh, some girl freaked out at the haunted house fund-raiser and punched Carson ...
Dark Rites Heather Graham 10/8/17
10. Costumes p 208 They were also in the crazy red costumes.
31. Misty p 50 ... the misty light increased.
37. Ripe p 138 ...made it to the ripe old age of ninety.
Struck Amanda Carlson 10/10/17
12. Crackling p 33 The fire was crackling, and there ...
One Stiletto in the Grave Jason Krumbine 10/11/17
41. Soggy One Stiletto in the Grave Loc1103 ... against the door, a soggy tissue between her fingers.
The Summer That Made Us Robyn Carr 10/14/17
8. Cider p 113 a chilled bottle of sparkling cider.
26. Harvest p 148 ... like around planting and harvest ...
The Rules of Magic Alice Hoffman 10/14/17
46. Windy p 129 ... despite the windy day.
The Whizz Pop Chocolate Shop Kate Saunders 10/17/17
20. Frightful p 82 The lab's had a look at that frightful thing you found in the Picadilly Line.