The Lost Challenges discussion on goodreads
Colors of the Month - Blue
Duration: October 15, 2017-November 14, 2017
This is a monthly challenge that coordinates with A Color Scavenger Hunt posted by Sharon.
You may do as many tasks as you wish.
A badge will be awarded for participation.
1. Read a book whose cover is a shade of the color of the month.
How to Hang a Witch Adriana Mather 10/19/17
2. Read a book whose author's first and last initials are in a shade of blue from the graphic above BUT you cannot use the word BLUE. Tell us the shade.
Airforce Blue Nearly Departed in Deadwood Ann Charles 10/20/17
3. Read a book with a title that starts with a letter in BLUE.
Up from the Grave Jeaniene Frost 10/26/17
4. Read a book from this list - Sapphire from the Deepest Ocean.
The Selection Kiera Cass 11/13/17
5. a :low in spirits :melancholy has been feeling blue
b :marked by low spirits :depressing a blue funk things looked blue
❈ Read a book with a character that is sad or depressed.
One Grave at a Time Jeaniene Frost 10/25/17
6. of a woman :learned, intellectual
… the ladies were very blue and well-informed … —W. M. Thackeray
❈ Read a book with an intelligent woman.
Crouching Vampire, Hidden Fang Katie MacAlister 10/18/17
7. a :profane, indecent a blue movie
b :off-color, risqué blue jokes
❈ Read a book where a character swears a lot OR a kinky read.
8. Blue has been used for art and decoration since ancient times. The semi-precious stone lapis lazuli, coming from mines in Afghanistan, was used in ancient Egypt for jewelry and ornament and later, in The Renaissance, to make the pigment ultramarine, the most expensive of all pigments.
❈ Read a book with jewelry or some kind of ornament on the cover OR important to the story line. Tell us how.
9. In US and European public opinion polls that blue is the most popular color, chosen by almost half of both men and women as their favorite color.
❈ Go to Top Shelves. Chose a book from your favorite genre's shelf.
YA Coraline Neil Gaiman 11/12/17
10. In the 17th century, Frederick William, Elector of Brandenburg, was one of the first rulers to give his army blue uniforms. Blue was the color of liberty and revolution in the 18th century, but in the 19th it increasingly became the color of government authority, the uniform color of policemen and other public servants.
10. ❈ Read a book where a character wears a blue uniform. Tell us what kind of uniform. London Police
Midnight Riot Ben Aaronovitch 10/15/17
*For each book that you read please post a link to the book, the author and the date you finished it.
*Each book may only be used for one task or letter
*To count a book towards a challenge you must read the majority of it after the start date of the challenge.
* Where more than one option is given for a task, please state which option your book relates to.
*Please explain briefly how your book fits a task.
*If the task relates to the cover of your book, please post the cover AND the book link.
*All genres and formats are fine.
*Re-reads are allowed.
*No page minimum.
*Please update your original post as you go but also post an occasional message to let us know how you're getting on, if you would like to.
*When you have finished please re-post your whole challenge as a new message or you will not be considered to have completed the challenge and we will not be able to award your Hall of Fame badge
(Even if you don't hit the level you were aiming for by the deadline, please re-post your challenge anyway as you may still be eligible for a lower level badge.)
Please use the TLC STANDARD RULES when participating in this challenge.
If you are not familiar with these rules, please click on the link and read them over.