A Million More Pages discussion on goodreads
Challenge runs 12/1 - 12/31
It's time to load our iPods and mp3 players with Christmas music! Introduced in the late 90s, these incredible devices became ubiquitous in the early 2000s. And they were incredibly popular as Christmas gifts. So we've scoured the internet for the best Christmas songs of all times to pre-load on to our gifts.
(Many thanks to ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) for creating the original challenge!)
1. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - Read a book with a red cover (50%); OR a book about an outcast.
A Chance This Christmas Joanne Rock 12/10/17
2. Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer - Read a murder mystery; OR read a book where there is some kind of accident central to the plot.
Happy Pants Cafe Mimi Jean Pamfiloff 12/14/17
3. Santa Claus is Coming to Town - Read a book that takes place in one of the following locations: Alaska, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, or Iceland; OR read a book about a naughty or nice character. (Left to your own interpretation!)
Christmas Nights J.H. Croix 12/2/17
4. Jingle Bell Rock - Read a book with the word "Jingle", "Bell" or "Rock" in the title: OR with a 1, 9, 5 or 7 in the total page count.
Christmas on the Last Frontier J.H. Croix 12/3/17
5. Do You Want to Build a Snowman? - Read a book with snow on the cover; OR a book about sisters.
Christmas at Whisper Beach Shelley Noble 12/8/17
6. Sleigh Ride - Read a book with a mode of transportation on the cover (bonus badge if it's a sleigh!); OR a book with the word "ride" in the text.
p 106 “Thanks for the ride,” she said. Second Chance at the Sugar Shack Candis Terry 12/13/17
7. Blue Christmas - Read a book from the Books That Made You Cry list; OR a book with a blue cover (50%).
Chasing Christmas Eve Jill Shalvis 12/9/17
8. It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year - Read a book that has one of the following words in the title: Wonder/Wonderful, Time, or Year; OR has a character named Andy (will accept Andrew) or William(s) [First or Last Name]. (NO other names will be accepted).
Just in TIME for Christmas Kim Boykin 12/16/17
9. The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire) - Read a book with the word "Song" in the title; OR has a fire on the cover.
The Christmas Room Catherine Anderson 12/8/17
10. White Christmas - Read a book with a white cover (50%); OR a book with a 1, 9, 5 or 4 in the publication date.
2012 Sea Change Karen White 12/4/17
11. Dominick the Italian Christmas Donkey - Read a book that takes place in Italy; OR has an animal on the cover. Reindeer
Holiday Kisses in the Snow Lexi Buchanan 12/10/17
12. Carol of the Bells (Pentatonix Acapella version)/Mormon Tabernacle Choir version - Read a book about a singer/musician; OR a book about a group of friends (group is 3 or more; siblings will work if the book centers around their dynamic).
Merry Random Christmas Julia Kent 12/16/17
13. All I Want for Christmas is You - Read a book by an author whose first or last name initial is M or C [middle initial does not count!]; OR read a romance novel.
The Holiday Brides Collection: Books 1-4 Ginny Baird 12/7/17
14. Holly Jolly Christmas - Read a book that takes place during Christmas time or where Christmas plays an important part to the plot; OR a book that fills you with cheer (You are allowed to read books as low as 70 pages for either option of this task! Graphic Novels and Manga ALLOWED, as long as they fit the task requirements and are 70+ pages)
Kisses for Christmas: A Holiday Boxed Set Skye Warren 12/2/17
15. Frosty the Snowman - Read a Main Page Genre: Fantasy or book with magical elements; OR a book where one of the words in the title ends with "Y." (For the first option, Magical Realism, books about witches and wizards, books with magic systems of any sort are acceptable).
Flame in the Dark Faith Hunter 12/7/17
BADGES - One badge for each 3 songs completed.
Bonus Badge for Sleigh Ride song.