Yearly Challenges 2018 Randomizer
DURATION: January 1 - December 31, 2018
PLEASE NOTE: This challenge does not begin until January 1. It is being posted early because of the holidays and to give you time to configure your list before the challenge begins.
Most of us have TBR lists that contain books we've completely forgotten about, and it sometimes takes a kick from a challenge to rediscover those books, pick them up and read them once and for all. Well, here's a challenge that may help you do just that :)
First, choose how many books you want to read over the duration of the challenge. This is totally up to you, but we ask that you choose a minimum of 10 books.
Next, go to your My Books page on Goodreads, and select the shelf you want to use for the challenge. You can use your Want to Read shelf if you'd like, or any other shelf you choose, but you must use the same shelf for the entire challenge.
Now, sort your chosen shelf by Random.
Next, set GR to show the number of books per page that you've chosen to read for this challenge. For example, if you've chosen 40 books, tell GR to display 40 books per page. The books on the first page will be the books you'll need to read for the challenge. This list will change every time you sort by Random, so be sure to make a note of the books that come up for you!
GR has options to show 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 75 and 100 books per page. If you want to read 25 books, which isn't one of GR's options, I'd recommend setting it to show 30 books, and read all but the last five on the page.
When you sign up for the challenge, tell us:
1. How many books you plan to read and
2. What shelf you're going to use and
3. The titles that the random generator came up with for you.
1. Gods and Beasts Denise Mina 3/7/18
2. The Exile of Sara Stevenson Darci Hannah 2/3/18
3. Lost Souls Lisa Jackson 2/24/18
4. Stillhouse Lake Rachel Caine 5/6/18
5. Magic Strikes Ilona Andrews 5/31/18
6. The Stranger Harlan Coben 5/28/18
7. Living with the Dead Kelley Armstrong 5/11/18
8. The Cottage At Glass Beach Heather Barbieri 5/23/18
9. Magic Bleeds Ilona Andrews 6/20/18
10. The Time in Between Kristen Ashley 6/19/18
11. Wishes and Stitches Rachael Herron 6/5/18
12. Sisters Like Us Susan Mallery 5/30/18
CHALLENGE RULES :
See this thread for more detailed rules for all CCC challenges.
♦ If you want to participate in this challenge, please sign up by telling us how many books you plan to read, which shelf you're using (if different from your Want to Read shelf), and the titles that the random generator came up with. This gives us a post to link you to, which you can use to update your books as the challenge progresses.
♦ As with most of our challenges, books must be at least 150 pages long. (See the link above for rules regarding graphic novels.) Books may only be used for one task in this challenge, but cross-challenge posting is encouraged :) Re-reads are allowed, as long as you read the entire book. You must read at least half of the book AFTER the challenge begins in order to count it for this challenge.
♦ For each book you read, please post a link to the title, and indicate the author and the date you finished reading it.
* If you don’t know how to post a link to the book title, cover or author, see the instructions here: Add a link to the book title and/or author
♦ When you complete the challenge, please copy and paste your entire list as a new message at the end of the challenge thread. If you do this while you still have the Edit window open, it will copy all of your links and formatting. If you don’t repost your list, with appropriate links, your name will not be added to the list of those who have completed the challenge. Please do NOT simply post a link back to your original post.