Monthly Challenges 2018 January Monthly Challenge
January Monthly Challenge
1. 'J' is for January: Read a book that starts with 'J' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'J'.
His Cowboy Heart Jennifer Ryan 1/3/18
2. Olympian Gods and Goddesses - APHRODITE
APHRODITE was the goddess of fertility, love, and beauty. During the Trojan War, Aphrodite fought on the side of Paris. Aphrodite and her son Eros (Cupid) teamed up to cause Zeus to fall in love with a human named Europa.
Read a romance with an MC who is considered beautiful or handsome or read a book with a child as a feature of the storyline.
Menage A Cowboy Jenny Klaire 1/4/18
3. Featured Author Challenge (FAC) author - Lauren Blakely: Read one book written by Lauren Blakely or any author with her first or last name. Link to Lauren Blakely's backlist- https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...
Full Package Lauren Blakely 1/12/18
Fun Facts about Lauren:
* Lauren Blakely lives in California
* Her novels are plotted our while walking her dogs
* She is a New York Times best selling author of contemporary romance
* Her latest release The V Card was co-authored with Lili Valente
You may also read:
* a book set in California, or by an author who is from California
* any book with a dog in the storyline or cover
* a book shelved as Contemporary Romance
* a book co-written with another author
4. National Hangover Day - January 1 ~ naturally following on from 31 Dec celebrations!!
Read a book where an MC has an addiction or gets drunk, or a book with a celebration in the storyline (eg wedding, 4th July, New Years etc)
(4th July, Fall Festival)
Lilac Lane Sherryl Woods 1/3/18
5. Cuddle Up Day - January 6: Read a book with two people touching (arms, hands, anyway at all) on the cover or a book that will leave you 'happy with warm fuzzies'.
The Girl From Ballymor Kathleen McGurl 1/12/18
6. Male Watcher's Day - January 8: Read a book with a cover male model partially (or wholly) exposing his body or a book with a detective in the storyline or a mystery book.
Tap Left A. Zavarelli 1/8/18
7. Appreciate a Dragon Day - January 16: Read a PNR or Fantasy book, or a book with a character who could be termed 'a dragon' (intimidating, gets aggressive quickly, metaphorically breathes fire, etc)
The Curse of Tenth Grave Darynda Jones 1/20/18
8. Opposite Day - January 25: Read a book that is outside your normal reading range, a book with an Enemies to Lovers trope or a book with a cover that is mainly black and white.
Crown Jewels Ella James 1/25/18
9. National Cornchip Day - January 29: Read a book that you have been wanting to relax with (perhaps with a hot drink and bag of chips), or read a book with the colour yellow or blue on the cover.
The Escape David Baldacci 1/7/18
10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice.
Why Did You Lie? Yrsa Sigurðardóttir 1/10/18
You can choose any number of categories depending on your reading speed, book availability and/or time commitment.
When posting your challenge progress, please make sure to put the date/s when you finished your book/s.
Upon completion, please repost your challenge as it helps when updating; you may update your original challenge as or go or repost if you choose.