The Lost Challenges discussion on goodreads
Every 3 months we will give you a list of facts about a randomly selected year with reading tasks to go with them. Read one book for each task.
*Books may only be used for one task
*For each book that you read please post a link to the book, the author and the date you finished it.
* Where more than one option is given for a task, please state which option your book relates to.
*If the task relates to the cover of your book, please post the cover.
*All genres and formats are fine.
*Re-reads are allowed.
*No page minimum.
*When you have finished please re-post your whole challenge as a new message or we will not be able to award your Hall of Fame badge!
Fond Memories: 1-5 tasks
Reminiscing: 6-10 tasks
***Nostalgia: 11-15 tasks***
Duration: 1st January 2018 - 31st March 2018
This quarter the year is: 1950
1. Most Popular TV Show - Texaco Star Theatre (NBC)
📺 Read a book from the Humor genre OR with a character that is funny.
I Can't Make This Up: Life Lessons Kevin Hart 1/28/18
2. #1 Hit Single – Mona Lisa by Nat King Cole
💿 Read a book with a 2 word title OR an author with 3 names.
Full Tilt Emma Scott 1/16/18
3. #1 Album - Soundtrack for the original Broadway play - South Pacific
🎤 Read a book whose title begins with a S or P OR set near the Pacific Ocean. Tell us the setting.
Oregon Yesternight Cat Winters 1/8/18
4. Most popular film – King Solomon's Mines
🎥 Read a book where a woman searches for her husband OR with a name in the title. eg. King Solomon's Mines - That Thing Between Eli & Gwen
The Girl From Ballymor Kathleen McGurl 1/12/18
5. Top Selling Book – The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson
📚 Read a book with the word "CARDINAL" in the title OR where religion is very important to a character. Tell us the character's name.
Addie Sullivan The Lightkeeper's Daughter Colleen Coble 1/23/18
6. Most Popular Christmas Toy - Fisher-Price Little People Firetruck
🎁 Read a book where a child is given a toy OR with the word "FIRETRUCK" in text. Give us the sentence and page/location number.
The View from Rainshadow Bay Colleen Coble 2/18/18
7. Born this year – Tom Petty - October 20th
👶 Read a book with a word in the title that is also a word in the title of a Tom Petty song.
"A Mind With A Heart Of Its Own" His Cowboy Heart Jennifer Ryan 1/3/18
8. Died this year – Mar 19th - Edgar Rice Burroughs, sci-fi author (Tarzan of the Apes), dies at 74
📚 Read a book by Edgar Rice Burroughs OR with a MPG of Fantasy or Sci-Fi.
The Curse of Tenth Grave Darynda Jones 1/20/18
IN THE NEWS
9. January 17th - Great Brinks Robbery in Boston
💰 Read a book where someone/some place gets robbed OR where a character goes to jail.
Menage A Cowboy Jenny Klaire 1/4/18
10. February 8 - Frank McNamara and his attorney, Ralph Schneider, founded Diners Club International, the first credit card.
💳 Read a book where a character uses a credit card OR goes out to dinner.
Tap Left A. Zavarelli 1/8/18
11. March 12th - The citizens of Belgium voted in a referendum to allow the exiled King Leopold III to return to the throne.
👑 Read a book with a royal character OR a book set in Europe.
Why Did You Lie? Yrsa Sigurðardóttir 1/10/18
12. May of 1950 - Viggo and Emil Hojgaard found the mummified body of a 4th century man in a peat bog on the Jutland Peninsula in Denmark.
💀 Read a book where a body is discovered in a peat bog OR whose author's first and last initials can be found in DENMARK.
One of Us Is Lying Karen M. McManus 1/22/18
13. June 25th - Korean War begins when North Korea invaded South Korea
📅 Read a book with a war as part of the story line OR published in June or 1950.
Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore Matthew J. Sullivan 1/1/18
14. August 1st - The Organic Act of Guam is signed into law by U.S. President Harry S. Truman. The act made the island an unincorporated territory of the United States and granted all Guam residents U.S. Citizenship.
🌴 Read a book set on an island OR with setting that begins with a G.
Georgia Dangerous Games Lora Leigh 1/29/18
15. October 2: Charles Schulz' Peanuts appears for the first time in seven US newspapers.
📰 Read a book where a character reads a newspaper OR with a Series/TBR #7.
The Escape David Baldacci 1/7/18