Monthly Challenges > Colors of the Month - Red
Colors of the Month - Red
Duration: December 15, 2017- January 14, 2017
This is a monthly challenge that coordinates with A Color Scavenger Hunt posted by Sharon.
You may do as many tasks as you wish.
Tasks may be used many times.
A badge will be awarded for participation.
1. Read a book whose cover is a shade of the color of the month.
2. Read a book whose author's first and last initials are in a shade of red from the graphic above. Tell us the shade.
Crimson The Christmas Shoppe Melody Carlson 12/18/17
3. Read a book with a title that starts with a letter in RED (ignore A, An and The) OR a title that contains one of the words from the graphic. eg. The Red Pony or Lipstick Jungle
[book:The Escape|20767918] [author:David Baldacci|9291] 1/7/18
4. Read a book from this list - Fair is the Red Rose OR Red as a Blood Ruby.
The Elite Kiera Cass 12/22/17
5. :one that is of a red or reddish color: such as
a :red wine
🔴 Read a book where wine is important to the story.
Helpers: Wine books OR Wine and Roses: Romances featuring Wineries
6. a (1) :flushed especially with anger or embarrassment
🔴 Read a book where a character gets angry or embarrassed.
Holidays at Crescent Cove Shelley Noble 12/20/17
7. Red is slang for loss.
🔴 Read a book where a loss is suffered. Tell us what the loss is.
A teenager is murdered.
Skeleton Canyon J.A. Jance 12/20/17
8. Red has been a constant companion of Indian brides. It is the color of life- a new life. A wedding indicates a significant change in the life of a traditional Indian woman.
🔴 Read a book where a wedding takes place OR where a significant change in the life of a woman occurs.
Escaping Christmas: The Peakton Village Trilogy - Book One Alice B. Ryder 12/25/17
9. Red is the color most associated with courage.
🔴 Read a book with a character that shows courage.
Thrill Ride Julie Ann Walker 12/24/17
10. "red herring." A false clue that leads investigators off the track.
🔴 Read a book with an investigator OR from the MYSTERY genre.
BOTHWhy Did You Lie? Yrsa Sigurðardóttir 1/10/18
*For each book that you read please post a link to the book, the author and the date you finished it.
*Each book may only be used for one task or letter
*To count a book towards a challenge you must read the majority of it after the start date of the challenge.
* Where more than one option is given for a task, please state which option your book relates to.
*If the task relates to the cover of your book, please post the cover AND the book link.
*All genres and formats are fine.
*Re-reads are allowed.
*No page minimum.
*Please update your original post as you go.
*When you have finished, please re-post your whole challenge as a new message and MARK AS FINISHED or you will not be considered to have completed the challenge and we will not be able to award your Hall of Fame badge
(Even if you don't hit the level you were aiming for by the deadline, please re-post your challenge anyway as you may still be eligible for a lower level badge.)
Please use the TLC STANDARD RULES when participating in this challenge.
If you are not familiar with these rules, please click on the link and read them over.