Kick'n 2018 Challenge Romance Frenzy 2018 Challenge
We Mods want to challenge our Kickers to a yearly challenge - with a kick of course. We're going to mix it up each month with something new, but will link to the previous challenge. If you don't finish your previous challenge before the Month is up don't worry. You have until the end of the year to complete all the different challenges. You will have your own thread, so you can keep track of your progress, to have fun with and to decorate as you please.
Runs: 1/1/2018 thru 12/31/2018
JANUARY INSTALLMENT - Feast of Fabulous Wild Men Day
1. Read a book with the word WILD in the title.
Wild Adriane Leigh 1/31/18
2. Read a book with the words MAN or MEN in the title or series name.
His Cowboy Heart Jennifer Ryan 1/3/18 (Montana Men #6)
3. Read a book with a fabulous man on the cover.
Menage A Cowboy Jenny Klaire 1/4/18
4. Read a book whose author's first and last initials are in FABULOUS. Full Package Lauren Blakely 1/12/18
5. Read a book written by a man.
The Escape David Baldacci 1/7/18
6. Read a book that is on one of these lists. Tell us the list.
I Love A Man In Uniform
Dangerous Games Lora Leigh 1/29/18
7. Read a book from the genre MEN. https://www.goodreads.com/genres/men
Every Day David Levithan 1/30/18
8. Read a book where the male MC's name begins with the same letter as your name.
Jack All I Want Is You Toni Blake 1/11/18
9. Read a book where the male MC cooks a meal -
Chef Lilac Lane Sherryl Woods 1/3/18
10. Read a book with a man's name in the title.
Robert B. Parker's Damned If You Do Michael Brandman 1/21/18
FEBRUARY INSTALLMENT - Month of Love
Spin the Wheel of Love and read a book from one of the lists [M/F (Note: some of these lists may contain mm books) or M/M] corresponding with your category. Already done that category.... spin again.
Category Book Lists
1. Dirty Talk - M/F or M/M
2. Hottest Sex - M/F or M/M
3. Bikers - M/F or M/M
4. Fighters - M/F or M/M
5. Suspense/Mystery - M/F or M/M
6. Men in Uniform - M/F or M/M
7. Friends to Lovers - M/F or M/M
8. Funny/Humorous - M/F or M/M
9. Alpha Males - M/F or M/M
10. Virgin Heroes - M/F or M/M
11. Athletes - M/F or M/M
12. Shifters - M/F or M/M
13. POV - M/F or M/M
14. Best of 2017 - M/F or M/M
15. Musician - M/F or M/M
Free Space (your choice or no book)
HOW MANY LINES/BINGOS (vertical, horizontal or diagonal) CAN YOU GET ! One Line, Two Lines.... Blackout.... your choice.
Third Line Across
3. Bikers Rough Ride Kristen Ashley 2/19/18
Closer Than You Think Karen Rose 2/5/18
6. Men in Uniform
Fire at Dusk Lila Ashe 2/9/18
Rookie Move Sarina Bowen 2/10/18
MARCH INSTALLMENT - Bizarre Days
Old Stuff Day - March 2
This is not a day to do the same old stuff. Rather, it's a time to recognize the boring nature of your daily routine, and make some exciting changes
READ A BOOK BY A NEW TO YOU AUTHOR or READ A BOOK IN A GENRE THAT YOU DON'T NORMALLY READ
Bluebird, Bluebird Attica Locke 3/9/18
National Anthem Day - March 3
What is your National Anthem?
READ A BOOK WITH THE AUTHOR'S INITIALS IN YOUR COUNTRY'S NATIONAL ANTHEM
Star Spangled Banner The Ghostwriter Alessandra Torre 3/7/18
Hug a GI Day - March 4
Give a great big hug to any and all GIs you see today
READ A BOOK TAGGED MILITARY or COUPLE HUGGING ON THE COVER
The Way Home Cindy Gerard 3/13/18
Multiple Personality Day - March 5
Is an opportunity to get in touch with yourselves
READ A BOOK WHERE A CHARACTER HAS SPLIT/MULTIPLE PERSONALTIES or AUTHOR WRITES UNDER MORE THAN ONE NAME
A Ghost for Christmas J.D. Winters 3/15/18 also Helen Conrad, Raye Morgan, Jena Hunt
Middle Name Pride Day - March 10
Honors the seldom used middle name that often sets you apart from others
READ A BOOK WITH AN AUTHOR WHO USES THEIR MIDDLE NAME OR INITIAL
Devil's Claw J.A. Jance 3/3/18
Plant a Flower Day - March 12
Take a few minutes to plant a flower today
READ A BOOK WITH FLOWERS ON THE COVER or THE MC WORKS WITH FLOWERS or STORYLINE INVOLVES A FLOWER SHOP
Wyoming Wildflowers: The BeginningPatricia McLinn 4/30/18
Absolutely Incredible Kids Day - March 16
Celebrate today by letting your kids know how good they are, and how much you love them
READ A BOOK WHERE SOMEONE HAS A CHILD/CHILDREN or SOMEONE IS PREGNANT
Death Below Stairs Jennifer Ashley 3/6/18
I am in Control Day - March 30
Is your chance to get things in order and under control
READ A BOOK WHERE MC HAS AN "ALPHA" PERSONALITY
Once Burned Jeaniene Frost 3/4/18
APRIL INSTALLMENT - Scavenger Hunt
There is no limit to how many words you can find per book.
For each word please post a link to the book, the author, the date you finished it, plus the page number/location and sentence where you found the word.
Apple - A Touch of Ice - L.J. Charles (1/10/16)
I had a weakness for apple pie, heavy on the cinnamon... (loc. 245)
Choose your level:
Level 1 - 10-20 words
Level 2 - 21-40 words
Level 3 - 41-50 words
Level 3 - 41-50 words
Marriage Games C.D. Reiss 4/1/18
3. beach Loc 3599 The backyard and beach were covered in flat white snow.
4. beating Loc 1208 ... release of a good beating and the hours ...
5. boyfriend Loc 607 I was with my boyfriend, Keith.
6. candle Loc 2525 ... room, I had candles and music.
7. cherish Loc 3034 ... lost something I cherished.
8. crazy Loc 619 I thought I was crazy or sick.
9. crush Loc 3262 Because first”— he crushed the shell in the heel ...
10. dance Loc 1772 F**k the first dance and the last.
11. desire Loc 541 ... skin, my desire rushed back.
12. embrace Loc 2938 More with the power of “embrace and accept.”
13. engaged Loc 1099 ... feet, but Diana was engaged in a conversation ...
15. excite Loc 274 ... but excited by the idea of a chance, ...
16. fire Loc “And me?” Diana cried, the fire back in her eyes.
17. flame Loc 4135 My fear was the flame under my desire.
18. flirt Loc 2332 She didn’t flirt.
19. gift Loc 2949 ... giving me the gift of her submission ...
20. girlfriend Loc 195 She had a girlfriend in college.
21. hair Loc 126 Her hair was straight, brown, to ...
22. hard Loc She’d fought hard.
24. hold Loc 546 ... and you hold it until I do.
25. husband Loc 994 ... and her future husband, Adam Steinbeck.
26. intimate Loc 550 I don’t feel intimate, and you ...
27. kiss Loc 1815 ..., you always knew how to kiss.
28. lips Loc 213 He brought his drink to his lips.
29. love Loc 210 Wanted to love her.
31. mind Loc 438 ... could change her mind or I could ...
32. moan Loc 2989 ... long moan, beginning when ...
33. music Loc 1218 ... noise and ambient music.
35. passion Loc 3218 ... naked, loving, rough and passionate.
36. quiver Loc 851 ... growled, bottom lip quivering.
38. romance Loc 2801 ...snow cover adding to the romance.
39. say Loc 153 I don’t know how to say this.
40. sex Loc 229 Warm lighting. Warm sex.
41. sigh Loc ... couldn’t tell if the sigh was arousal or annoyance.
42. soft Loc 453 She was soft and just yielding enough.
43. stroke Loc 1069 ... didn’t know every stroke was part of negotiation,...
44. taste Loc 146 I wanted a taste of that devotion.
45. tender Loc 492 ... cruel and more tender than any of us.
46. thigh Loc 2441 I moved to her other thigh and up the ...
47. whisper Loc 95 I’m going to whisper it in your ear.
48. wife Loc 140 ... first time I shocked my future wife, she didn’t ...
49. wild Loc 2634 Stephan and Serena were wild cards, ...
50. wine Loc “I’ve had too much wine.”
Separation Games C.D. Reiss 4/2/18
23. heart p 186 Trust did not want to be on the heart.
30. lust P 14 Anger/lust/panic/jealousy/ ...
37. racing p 28 And if I can't see what I'm racing
The Magnolia Story Chip Gaines Joanna Gaines 4/2/18
2. angel p 131 They were not angel investors or financial gurus.
Tough Luck Hero Maisey Yates 4/3/18
14. entice p 56 ... new ways to entice tourists to come ...
Rock Redemption Nalini Singh 4/5/18
1. adore p 53 ... cameras, they looked like they adored one another.
34. nibble p 77 ...around her waist as she nibbled on the hot, salty fries she ...
MAY INSTALLMENT - Who's celebrating a Birthday (to name a few)
CHOOSE ONE BOOK FOR EACH CATEGORY
Categories and Famous Birthdays
1. Read a book with a science/computer geek or a University/College student for an MC - Karl Marx (5th), Sigmund Freud (6th), Mark Zuckerberg (14th)
A Thread of Truth Marie Bostwick 5/13/18
2. Read a book that is tagged humorous/funny - Stephen Colbert (13th), Anjelah Johnson (14th), Drew Carey (23rd), Mike Myers (25th)
Man Hands Sarina Bowen 5/7/18
3. Read a book with Sports tag - David Beckham (2nd) Cam Newton (11th), Jonah Lomu & Yogi Berra (12th), Rob Gronkowski (14th), Seth Rollins (28th), Steven Gerrard (30th)
Until You Loved Me Brenda Novak 5/5/18
4. Read a book tagged Action or has a superhero for an MC - Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson (2nd), Henry Cavill (5th), Danny Trejo & Pierce Brosnan (16th), John Wayne (26th), Clint Eastwood (31st)
Killman Creek Rachel Caine 5/16/18
5. Read a book with an MC that is Royalty (real or fiction) or leader of a group or organization - Catherine the Great (2nd), Harry S. Truman (8th), Pope John Paul II (18th), Queen Victoria (24th), Henry Kissinger (27th)
Control Sam Crescent 5/7/18
6. Read a book starring a dancer or musician - Adele (5th), Meek Hill (6th), Stevie Wonder (13th), Janet Jackson & Liberace (16th), Derek Hough (17th), Bob Dylan (24th), Mel B (29th)
Beats of Life Shandi Boyes 5/8/18
7. Fantasy/paranormal/Sci-fi/horror - Robert Pattinson "Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter/Edward Cullen in Twilight" (13th), George Lucas "Star Wars" (14th)
Dark Queen Faith Hunter 5/2/18
8. Read a book that takes place in the Country where you live - Jamie Dornan - British Actor (1st), George Clooney - American Actor (6th), Stephen Amell - Canadian Actor (8th), Salvador Dali - Spanish Painter (11th), Cillian Murphy - Irish Actor (25th), Kylie Minogue - Australian Singer (28th)
USAPorch Lights Dorothea Benton Frank 5/4/18
JUNE INSTALLMENT - Spell Out
F R E N Z Y Spell Out by using
book title (first letter - disregard A, An, and The), OR
series name (first letter), OR
author's name (first or last initial)
F Twice Tempted Jeaniene Frost 6/3/18 (Author)
R Wishes and Stitches Rachael Herron 6/5/18 (Author)
E Shine Not Burn Elle Casey 6/17/18 (Author)
N A Nantucket Wedding Nancy Thayer 6/4/18 (Title & Author)
Z Celina Abbie Zanders 6/24/18 (Author)
Y Yours for a Song Amy James 6/25/18
JULY INSTALLMENT - ROY G. BIV Challenge
Roy G. Biv is an acronym for the sequence of hues commonly described as making up a rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet.
READ A BOOK WITH A COVER MAINLY OF EACH COLOUR (shades may vary) OF THE RAINBOW
Lists are for examples - you do not have to read a book from these lists
[take advantage of alternate covers]
Red Lane Hart 7/27/18
Orange Nora Roberts 7/2/18
Yellow Tia Louise 7/21/1
Green Jill Shalvis 7/4/18
Blue Colleen Coble 7/5/18
Indigo Not That I Could Tell Jessica Strawser 7/8/18
Violet Where Lightning Strikes A.L. Jackson 7/18/18
AUGUST INSTALLMENT - A-Z Book Covers
Items found on your book cover starting with the letters of the alphabet. Exception: Letter "X" can be anywhere in the word.
How many items can you use will depend on your page count.
Check alternate editions/covers
25 -100 pages - One item
101 - 200 pages - Two items
201 - 300 pages - Three items
301 - 400 pages - Four items
401 - 500 pages - Five items
501+ pages - up to Ten items
Pages 518/GR (up to 10 items)
Pages 350/GR (4 items)
A: Arm The Substitute
B: Blood Sempre
D: Dress The Substitute
A: Arms Alexandra Ivy 8/10/18
B: Beard Carly Phillips 8/1/18
C: Curtains Alexa Riley 8/7/18
D: Dock Susan Mallery 8/11/18
E: Eyeglasses Eryn Scott 8/13/18
F: Ferris Wheel Sharla Lovelace 8/9/18
G: Girl Deborah Wiles 8/20/18
H: Hat Lorelei James 8/11/18
I: Icicles William Kent Krueger 8/31/18
J: Jeans Elle Kennedy 8/4/18
K: Kiss Gena Showalter 8/3/18
L: Lips Allison Brennan 8/2/18
M: Mug Brenda Novak 8/25/18
N: Necktie Katy Evans 8/29/18
O: Ocean Melody Grace 8/14/18
P: Porch Deborah Wiles 8/20/18
R: Rocks Colleen Coble 8/6/18
S: Stars Karen Cleveland 8/20/18
T: Tattoo Carly Phillips 8/1/18
U: Umbrella Elin Hilderbrand 8/2/18
V: Vent (stove) Kristen Proby 8/28/18
W: Woman Allison Brennan 8/2/18
Y: Yard Jaci Burton 9/8/18
SEPTEMBER INSTALLMENT - Love Songs
Read as many as you wish.
"All of Me" by John Legend
Read a book where the heroine has a smart mouth OR where the hero is more successful now that he has love.
Get Lucky Lila Monroe 9/2/18
"Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol
Read a book where saying I love you doesn't express how much feeling there is in one's heart OR with a character that lets nothing come before love in their life.
Into the Fire Jeaniene Frost 9/1/18
"Come Away With Me" by Norah Jones
Read a book where a character wants another to leave town with them OR with a field on the cover. Please post the cover.
The Marriage Pact Michelle Richmond 9/18/18
"Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
Read a book where a character feels being with another character is HOME OR with the word HOME in the title.
Sweet Possession J. Daniels 9/5/18
"January Wedding" by The Avett Brothers
Read a book where a wedding takes place OR where "his heart and hers are the same".
Sweet Addiction J. Daniels 9/5/18
"Make You Feel My Love" by Adele
Read a book where there is unrequited love OR whose author's first or last name begins with an A.
Face-Off at the Altar Toni Aleo 9/7/18
"Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum
Read a book where a couple breaks up OR one character walks out on another but comes back eventually.
One More Promise Samantha Chase 9/13/18
"Stay With Me" by Sam Smith
Read a book where a one night stand occurs OR where one tells another that he/she needs them.
Falling For You...Again Kate Curran 9/4/18
"Underneath It All" by No Doubt
Read a book where a girl falls for a "bad boy" OR a man is forgiven for having a bad temper.
Why Not Tonight Susan Mallery 9/23/18
"You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift
Read a book where a character doesn't see that "the one" is right in front of them OR where best friends fall in love.
In the Crease Toni Aleo 9/6/18
OCTOBER INSTALLMENT - Body Parts Bingo
I3: Hand Erin McCarthy 10/6/18
N3: Back K.A. Tucker 10/9/18
G3: Head Clare Flynn 10/5/18
O3: Eyes Cherrie Lynn 10/15/18
NOVEMBER INSTALLMENT - Acronyms Challenge
CHOOSE ONE BOOK FOR EACH ACRONYM
ETA - Estimated Time of Arrival
Read a book published the same year you joined our group: Gotta Have Romance with a Kick
AKA - Also Known As
Read a book which the author has more than one pen name
DIY - Do It Yourself
Read a book where the MC fixes or builds something. Tell us what it is.
MD - Medical Doctor
Read a book where the MC is in the medical profession
AWOL - Absent Without Leave, MIA - Missing In Action & POW - Prisoner of War
Read a book tagged military
LOL - Laugh Out Loud
Read a book with a Humour/Funny tag
FOC - Free Of Charge
Read a book that was free
MVP - Most Valuable Player
Read a book with a sports tag
**BONUS** What's your favourite Acronym
Let us know what it is.... and how your book fits.