Monthly Challenges Colors of the Month - Black
Colors of the Month - Black
Duration: February 15, 2018 - March 14, 2018
This is a monthly challenge that coordinates with A Color Scavenger Hunt posted by Sharon.
You may do as many tasks as you wish.
A badge will be awarded for participation.
1. Read a book whose cover is a shade of the color of the month.
This Fallen Prey Kelley Armstrong 2/17/18
2. Read a book whose author's first and last initials are in a shade of black from the graphic above. Tell us the shade.
Jet Black Promise Not to Tell Jayne Ann Krentz 2/16/18
3. Read a book with a title that starts with a letter in BLACK.
Lost Souls Lisa Jackson 2/24/18
4. Read a book with the word BLACK in the title or the author's name.
5. a : having dark skin, hair, and eyes : swarthy the black Irish
b (1) often capitalized : of or relating to any of various population groups having dark pigmentation of the skin black Americans (2) : of or relating to the African-American people or their culture
🔲 Read a book with a black character.
Snow Angels James Thompson 2/15/18
6. a : thoroughly sinister or evil : wicked a black deed
🔲 Read a book with a sinister or evil character. Tell their name.
Penelope The View from Rainshadow Bay Colleen Coble 2/18/18
7. : connected with or invoking the supernatural and especially the devil
🔲 Read a book with a supernatural story.
Once Burned Jeaniene Frost 3/4/18
8. : of or relating to covert intelligence operations - black government programs
🔲 Read a book where a character works for a covert intelligence operation.
9. make black, especially by the application of black polish:
"blacking the prize bull's hooves"
🔲 Read a book with a black animal on the cover. Please post the cover.
10. (of a ski run) of the highest level of difficulty, as indicated by black markers positioned along it.
🔲 Read a book where a character plays a winter sport.
*For each book that you read please post a link to the book, the author and the date you finished it.
*Each book may only be used for one task or letter
*To count a book towards a challenge you must read the majority of it after the start date of the challenge.
* Where more than one option is given for a task, please state which option your book relates to.
*If the task relates to the cover of your book, please post the cover AND the book link.
*All genres and formats are fine.
*Re-reads are allowed.
*No page minimum.
*Please update your original post as you go.
*When you have finished, please re-post your whole challenge as a new message and MARK AS FINISHED or you will not be considered to have completed the challenge and we will not be able to award your Hall of Fame badge
(Even if you don't hit the level you were aiming for by the deadline, please re-post your challenge anyway as you may still be eligible for a lower level badge.)
Please use the TLC STANDARD RULES when participating in this challenge.
If you are not familiar with these rules, please click on the link and read them over.