Monthly Challenges March Easy As 1, 2, 3
"Easy As 1, 2, 3" Monthly Challenge
Duration: March 1, 2018 - March 31, 2018This challenge is an ongoing monthly mini-challenge to keep us all motivated to start, (and then continue), some of the many series in our TBR.
1) You must read one of each: a 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd book in a series.
2) Any genre of series is acceptable.
3) 'Half-step' short-stories (i.e., shorts in anthologies), do not count.
**For uniformity, the numbering on GR will be the judge of this.**
4) Rereads do count.
5) No more than 2 of the 3 books each month can be from the same series.
6) Please post a link to the book and the author and also the date you finished the book.
7) Please repost your entire challenge when you are finished to get your badge.
1. Death Below Stairs Jennifer Ashley 3/6/18 (Kat Holloway Mysteries #1)
2. No One But You Brenda Novak 3/8/18 (Silver Springs #2)
3. Ghost A. Zavarelli 3/11/18 (Boston Underworld #3)
1. Once Burned Jeaniene Frost 3/4/18 (Night Prince #1)
2. Lucifer's Tears James Thompson 3/2/18 (Inspector Kari Vaara #2)
3. Love on a Spring Morning Zoe York 3/16/18 (Pine Harbour #3)
1. Bluebird, Bluebird Attica Locke 3/9/18 (Highway 59 #1)
2. The Way Home Cindy Gerard 3/13/18 (One-Eyed Jacks #2)
3. Gods and Beasts Denise Mina 3/17/18 (Alex Morrow #3)
The general rules of Scattergories are you are given a list of categories and a time limit. Then the letter dice is rolled and you have to come up with something that matches the letter and the category.
The object of this challenge is the same sort of thing as the board game. We give you a list of 12 categories/words and a letter and you find items that fit those categories in your books. The goal is to find all 12 items. You may use a book to fulfill as many categories as it fits (you don't have to read 12 books this month...don't worry!)
The first 6 categories will stay the same, the second 6 will be announced each month.
Please remember to add a link to the book, the author and give the date you finished reading it.
You also need to post the sentence and page/loc# for items 7-12.
Duration: March 1, 2018 - March 31, 2018
1. Book Title: Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay Jill Mansell 3/9/18
2. Author: Jill Mansell Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay 3/9/18
3. Main Character: Meredith Fallon Edge of Darkness Karen Rose 3/2/18
4. Secondary Character: Mallory Edge of Darkness Karen Rose 3/2/18
5. Place/Setting: Massachusetts Gentleman Nine Penelope Ward 3/1/18
6. Item on cover: Man Gentleman Nine Penelope Ward 3/1/18
And the Specials for March are:
7. Household Chore: Mop Devil's Claw J.A. Jance 3/3/18 p 21 ... wearing a robe and towelling dry her mop of platinum blond hair.
8. Four Letter Word: Mind Devil's Claw J.A. Jance 3/3/18 p 13 ... still vivid in Lucy's mind.
9. Article of Clothing: Mask Lucifer's Tears James Thompson 3/2/18 p 200 ...Ivan was naked except for the mask and black vinyl gloves.
10. Things that make you smile: Memory Devil's Claw J.A. Jance 3/3/18 p 13 As she rode, the memory of that other nightime trip to Cochise Stronghold-...
11. Tool: Mallet Once Burned Jeaniene Frost 3/4/18 p 298 He also carried a wooden mallet and a knife that looked like it was made from ivory.
12. Food/Drink: Mushrooms Lucifer's Tears James Thompson 3/2/18 p 298 ... haricot verts, mushrooms, carmelized onions, ...
Your letter is: