Semi-Annual Challenges TV/Movie Challenge: Timeless - Season 1
TV/Movie Challenge: Timeless - Season 1
Duration: 6 months from your start date.
Observer: 1-5 Tasks
Film Buff: 6-11 Tasks
Cinephile: 12+ Tasks
Timeless - Season 1
When an experimental time machine is stolen, a history professor, a soldier and an engineer are tasked with capturing the culprit only to learn that he plans to rewrite American history and that each of them has a connection to his plan as well as the mysterious organization that funded the machine's development.
Lucy Preston: A history professor struggling to fulfill the legacy of her mother, and get back her sister.
🎭 Read a book with a character that is a professor/teacher OR with a character that is very close to their mother and sister.
Journey to the River Sea Eva Ibbotson 1/27/18
Master Sergeant Wyatt Logan: A U.S. Army Delta Force operative trying to cope with the death of his wife, Jessica.
🎭 Read a book with a character who is currently serving in the military OR a character that is a widow/widower.
Rattlesnake Crossing J.A. Jance 1/26/18
Rufus Carlin: A programmer assigned to pilot the prototype time machine referred to as the "Lifeboat".
🎭 Read a book with a character that works with computers OR is a pilot.
Love Unbroken J.H. Croix 2/9/18
Special Agent Denise Christopher: The Department of Homeland Security agent in charge of the time machine recovery mission.
🎭 Read a book with a character that is a government employee OR a LGBTQIA character.
Alone In the Dark Karen Rose 2/12/18
Connor Mason: Head of Mason Industries, the company that created the time machine.
🎭 Read a book with a character that is the head of a company OR a character of African descent.
I Can't Make This Up: Life Lessons Kevin Hart 1/28/18
Jiya Marri: A talented young programmer at Mason Industries who becomes Rufus' girlfriend.
🎭 Read a book with a character that is 25 or younger OR works at the same company as their boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse.
Booty Call Ainsley Booth 1/31/18
Garcia Flynn: A former NSA asset who steals a fully operational time machine with the intention of changing American history.
🎭 Read a book with a character whose family is murdered OR that is bent on revenge.
Crown Jewels Ella James 1/25/18
1. Pilot - The team pursues Flynn to 1937, where he prevents the Hindenburg disaster in order to bomb the dirigible on its return flight to Europe, when it is carrying important Americans to the Coronation of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth. Lucy theorizes that Flynn wants to destroy the United States of America "in the crib". Flynn tells Lucy to find out about "Rittenhouse".
🎭 Read a Series book #1 OR a book with a page count that contains 2 of the following numbers: 1, 9, 3, 7.
Every Day David Levithan 1/30/18
2. The Assassination of Abraham Lincoln - Flynn travels to April 14, 1865, the date of the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. He works with John Wilkes Booth, intending to ensure the success of the planned assassinations of Vice President Andrew Johnson, Secretary of State William H. Seward, and General Ulysses S. Grant. Lucy meets Robert Todd Lincoln and attends the fateful performance at Ford's Theatre as his guest.
🎭 Read a book where a character attends a play OR with an author that uses a middle initial or 3 names. eg. Robert B Parker Mary Clark Dalton
Promise Not to Tell Jayne Ann Krentz 2/16/18
3. "Atomic City"- In 1962 Las Vegas, when atomic tests are common near the city, Flynn uses intimate photographs to blackmail John F. Kennedy's mistress, Judith Campbell, into helping him steal a plutonium core, as her relationship with a general enables her to access a secure nuclear facility.
🎭 Read a book where a character has a mistress or a lover on the side OR set in Las Vegas.
Snow Angels James Thompson 2/15/18
4. "Party at Castle Varlar" - In Germany during 1944, the team believes Flynn intends to give his nuclear weapon to the Nazis, but it turns out he is actually planning to abduct Wernher von Braun and deliver him to the Soviet Union. With help from Ian Fleming, the team secures von Braun's defection to the Allies.
🎭 Read a book where a character is abducted OR a book by Ian Fleming.
Closer Than You Think Karen Rose 2/5/18
5. "The Alamo" - Flynn travels to March 2, 1836, and convinces Mexican President General Antonio López de Santa Anna to attack the Alamo three days before the actual attack occurred. Lucy, Wyatt, and Rufus follow suit and enter the Alamo Mission, but Flynn kills William B. Travis, preventing him from finishing his "Victory or Death" letter.
🎭 Read a book where a character is coerced into changing their mind about something important (tell us what that is) OR with a character that inspires others.
(allowing a fire investigator on their property) No One But You Brenda Novak 3/8/18
6. "The Watergate Tape" - The team goes after Flynn at the start of the Watergate scandal in 1972 to prevent him from finding the missing gap in the Watergate tapes, but Flynn captures them and reveals he already has the tape.
🎭 Read a book where a scandal occurs OR with a title that begins with a W.
Wild Adriane Leigh 1/31/18
7. "Stranded" - The team follows Flynn to 1754, the beginning of the French and Indian War. The trio are captured by the Shawnee tribe and they meet chieftainess Nonhelema.
🎭 Read a book with a Native/First Nations character OR a book with a female character that is in charge.
The View from Rainshadow Bay Colleen Coble 2/18/18
8. "Space Race" - Flynn and his team travel to July 20, 1969, to infiltrate the Manned Spacecraft Center in Houston and disrupt the Apollo 11 mission.
🎭 Read a book that is considered SciFi OR published in July of any year.
The Exile of Sara Stevenson Darci Hannah 2/3/18
9. "Last Ride of Bonnie & Clyde" - The trio travels to 1934 in Arkansas as Flynn tries to find a necklace key related to Rittenhouse. Upon their arrival, they encounter Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow during a bank robbery and discover that Bonnie is wearing the key.
🎭 Read a book with 2 first names in the title OR with a character whose name has double letters in it. Tell us the character's name!
Like a Memory Abbi Glines 2/1/18
10. "The Capture of Benedict Arnold" - The Lifeboat team pursues Flynn to New York on September 25, 1780, the day Benedict Arnold planned to surrender West Point to the British Army. The trio are captured by George Washington's forces and confronted by Flynn, who reveals that the secret letter shows Arnold was a founding member of Rittenhouse.
🎭 Read a book from the Historical genre OR with a character that can be considered a traitor.
Death Below Stairs Jennifer Ashley 3/6/18
11. "The World's Columbian Exposition" - Flynn takes Lucy to 1893 during the Chicago World's Fair with the intent to kill Thomas Edison, Henry Ford and J. P. Morgan. Wyatt and Rufus follow them, but get trapped with architect Sophia Hayden and a guest named George Henry in the World's Fair Hotel, run by serial killer H. H. Holmes. At the fair, Lucy and Flynn apprehend Harry Houdini and have him break into Edison's office to plant a bomb, but Houdini prevents Flynn from killing them.
🎭 Read a book with a character who is a banker, inventor, architect, hotelier, magician or business person OR by an author whose first and last name begin with the same letter.
Dangerous Games Lora Leigh 1/29/18
12. "The Murder of Jesse James" - The team travels to April 3, 1882, where Flynn saves famous outlaw Jesse James from being murdered by Charley and Robert Ford in order to get his cooperation in finding a person deep within Indian territory.
🎭 Read a Western OR a book where brothers are prominent characters.
Second Chance Girl Susan Mallery 2/4/18
13. "Karma Chameleon" - Wyatt and Rufus steal the Lifeboat and travel to Toledo, Ohio in 1983 to circumvent the one-night stand between the parents of Jessica's killer, a bartender and a stewardess.
🎭 Read a book where a one-night stand occurs OR a book where a character is murdered.
I Am Watching You Teresa Driscoll 2/13/18
14. "The Lost Generation" - Lucy and Rufus travel with Master Sergeant Dave Baumgardner to Paris on May 21, 1927, the day Charles Lindbergh made the first solo transatlantic flight. There, Flynn shoots down the Spirit of St. Louis and takes Lindbergh hostage. The Lifeboat team meets journalist Ernest Hemingway, who helps them search for Flynn and Lindbergh.
🎭 Read a book where a character flies over the Atlantic Ocean OR is a journalist.
Holiday Hearts: A Fairytale Christmas\The St. James Affair Susan Wiggs 2/2/18
15. "Public Enemy No. 1" - The team jumps to 1931 Chicago to pursue Flynn. There, Flynn helps Al Capone avoid jail in exchange for a meeting with Chicago mayor and Rittenhouse member William Hale Thompson. The team joins forces with Eliot Ness to bring the mobster to justice.
🎭 Read a book with a character that is some kind of gangster OR a policeman, Prohibition agent, FBI agent, or in law enforcement etc.
BOTH The Lullaby Girl Loreth Anne White 1/23/18
16. "The Red Scare" - The team and Jiya jump to Washington, D.C., in 1954, where Flynn blackmails Joseph McCarthy into giving him the address of the Rittenhouse summit. After being arrested on suspicion of being Soviet spies, Lucy and Wyatt escape and coerce Ethan Cahill, Lucy's grandfather, into taking them to the summit.
🎭 Read a book where a character gets blackmailed OR with a character that is a grandfather.
Lucifer's Tears James Thompson 3/2/18
Info from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeles...
*For each book that you read please post a link to the book, the author and the date you finished it.
*Each book may only be used for one task or letter
*To count a book towards a challenge you must read the majority of it after the start date of the challenge.
* Where more than one option is given for a task, please state which option your book relates to.
*If the task relates to the cover of your book, please post the cover AND the book link.
*All genres and formats are fine.
*Re-reads are allowed.
*No page minimum.
*Please update your original post as you go.
*When you have finished, please re-post your whole challenge as a new message and MARK AS FINISHED or you will not be considered to have completed the challenge and we will not be able to award your Hall of Fame badge
(Even if you don't hit the level you were aiming for by the deadline, please re-post your challenge anyway as you may still be eligible for a lower level badge.)
Please use the TLC STANDARD RULES when participating in this challenge.
If you are not familiar with these rules, please click on the link and read them over.