Monthly Challenges Colors of the Month - Yellow
Colors of the Month - Yellow
Duration: March 15, 2018 - April 14, 2018
This is a monthly challenge that coordinates with A Color Scavenger Hunt posted by Sharon.
You may do as many tasks as you wish.
A badge will be awarded for participation.
1. Read a book whose cover is a shade of the color of the month.
Dream Lake Lisa Kleypas 4/11/18
2. Read a book whose author's first and last initials are in a shade of Yellow from the graphic above. Tell us the shade.
Touchdown Roxy Sinclaire 3/20/18
3. Read a book with a title that starts with a letter in YELLOW.
Love on a Spring Morning Zoe York 3/16/18
4. Read a book from Yellow Dress - Historical Romance OR from Little Drops of Sunrise .
5. informal cowardly:
"he'd better get back there quick and prove he's not yellow"
💛 Read a book with a character that can be called a coward OR where a character "chickens out" when they need to do something.
Tough Luck Hero Maisey Yates 4/3/18
6. In China and many Asian countries, it is seen as the color of happiness, glory, harmony and wisdom.
💛 Read a book with a character that can be described as happy or wise.
7. In ancient Greece and Rome, the gods were often depicted with yellow, or blonde hair; which was described in literature as 'golden'.
💛 Read a book with a blonde person on the cover. Please post the cover.
The Wife Between Us Greer Hendricks 3/18/18
8. Yellow ("giallo"), in Italy, refers to crime stories, both fictional and real.
💛 Read a book a book with a MPG of Crime, Mystery, Thriller or True Crime.
Gods and Beasts Denise Mina 3/17/18
9. The hit song, Mellow Yellow, popularized a widely believed hoax that it was possible to get high by smoking scrapings from the inside of banana peels, although this rumor was actually started in 1966 by Country Joe McDonald.
💛 Read a book with a MC who is a singer/musician OR with a banana on the cover. Please post the cover.
Rock Wedding Nalini Singh 4/6/18
10. In International maritime signal flags a yellow flag denotes the letter "Q".
💛 Read a book with a Q in the title or author's name.
*For each book that you read please post a link to the book, the author and the date you finished it.
*Each book may only be used for one task or letter
*To count a book towards a challenge you must read the majority of it after the start date of the challenge.
* Where more than one option is given for a task, please state which option your book relates to.
*If the task relates to the cover of your book, please post the cover AND the book link.
*All genres and formats are fine.
*Re-reads are allowed.
*No page minimum.
*Please update your original post as you go.
*When you have finished, please re-post your whole challenge as a new message and MARK AS FINISHED or you will not be considered to have completed the challenge and we will not be able to award your Hall of Fame badge
(Even if you don't hit the level you were aiming for by the deadline, please re-post your challenge anyway as you may still be eligible for a lower level badge.)
Please use the TLC STANDARD RULES when participating in this challenge.
If you are not familiar with these rules, please click on the link and read them over.