Monday, December 8, 2008

Mourning

My father died 3 weeks ago today.
My father was not sick. It was very sudden and quick. He was only 70.

Saturday night my church had a winter carnival. (Little P and I had already volunteered and then a thing happened and I unvolunteered us. She got over it.) I was going to revolunteer when my dad died.
Yesterday, when I went to Sunday school a couple of remarks were made by an older woman about her having to work all 5 hours because no one else would volunteer. I felt they were directed at me. **Last year I worked all 5 hours.**
Am I not allowed time to be sad and mourn? Am I supposed to tuck it all away once the service was finished? Am I supposed to forget what happened?
AND it doesn't help that the sun is never out. It was for maybe 1 hour yesterday. MSN says it is sunny here but it's not! I cannot remember the last time we had 3 sunny days in a row!

Thank you to everyone who sent cards, notes, emails and good thoughts to us! It is deeply appreciated.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Ack! this thing keeps eating my comments)

JoAnn,

I am very sorry for your loss. Don't worry about the people at Sunday School or others and take all the time you need to grieve. It has been cloudy here too and abnormally cold. It really doesn't help when one already feels down.

Hugs,

Sabrina

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Take as much time as you need to mourn. I can't imagine losing a parent (and hope I don't have to for quite a while), but I assume that I would be a weck for quite some time.

{{{{hugs}}}}

- Mindi

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Well I'd like to believe that those comments weren't directed at you, but human nature being what it is...well....

Anyway, as others have said, you take the time you need; people can be so insensitive and heartless and still call themselves religious...I just don't get that.