Saturday, July 18, 2009

I'm Back.....

My hard drive crashed....don't know why but it did.


A friend took my computer away and brought it back last Saturday. I haven't done much with it since. I didn't have a computer for over a month and kinda did not miss it. Is that bad!?!




I got this book from the library yesterday. It looked interesting. The author selects books and writes recipes around the stories. I have ordered several of the books she recommends like The Autobiography of Eleanor Roosevelt by Eleanor Roosevelt and The Love Letter by Cathleen Schine. I am excited to try these books. I am always looking for books to read.

I have been continuing with the Spenser series by Robert B. Parker and the Margaret Coel series.

This week I read the new one from Lisa Scottoline, Look Again.

http://scottoline.com/Site/Books/lookagain.html When did people start making "trailers" for books? Am I way behind the times???

I really liked this book. It is about a Philadelphia reporter, Ellen Gleeson, who has an adopted son, Will. One morning she gets a flyer in the mail about missing children. One of them (Timothy) resembles her son so much that she starts to wonder if it is the same child. She adopted Will when he was a year and a half old. She starts to investigate. The lawyer that handled the adoption has killed herself. Ellen tries to find the biological mother, Amy. Her family told her that she could never get pregnant. Ellen's father and lawyer friend both tell her to let it go because she could lose her child if he turns out to be Timothy.

You must get this book to find out the ending!!

No comments: