Sunday, March 31, 2024

Happy Easter and March Stitching



 I have been busy stitching but no fully finished objects. 


I started Bunny Jar on February 23rd on 18 ct Aida from Atomic Ranch (love their fabrics) color is called Morning Mist. This design is from Pinker n Punkin Quilting & Stitching: Nifty Thrifties and a Small Trifle.  I used the called for DMC threads except for one of the blues.  I had to substitute because I could not find one color. I got this metal jar from Dollar Tree but I could not figure out how I wanted to finish it.  Melisa has other Jar charts and I want to stitch them too.  
I finished stitching on February 28th.



I started Hello Spring from Primrose Cottage on 18 ct white Aida and 
used the called for DMC except I used 13 instead of 164. 
I started this one on February 29th and finished on March 3rd.



This chart by Erin Elizabeth - love her! - was in the Spring issue of Just Cross Stitch.  I subscribe to Everand which used to be Scribd and you can get this magazine and many others too.  It's also available with Kindle Unlimited. I do not know the name of this chart.  I stitched this on the same 18 ct Aida as the previous stitch so they match.  I used the same DMC 604 for the lettering and changed the white to ecru so the stitches would show.  I made a mistake and found an extra stitch in the bottom of the E and the top left is off but I was not going to frog it! It took me awhile to finish this because I was getting frustrated with the constant color changes. I finally finished on March 28th. Check out her Flosstube - Erin Elizabeth Designs - YouTube I loved #11 where she talks about getting floss organized.




I found the chart for the Eggs on the internet and made them with Sulky threads on 16 ct Fiddler's 
Cloth scrap piece. I used colors 4030, 4017, 4088 and 1046 for the border.

The hare was a photo of a stitch that was on a blog.  They said it was a Mosey 'n Me chart called Hare's To You?. I looked all over for a chart to purchase and found nothing.  Frank Bialec died in 2020 and I guess they did not continue with the craft company. It was stitched on a scrap piece of Linen and one of the new Classic Colorworks Weathervane. I started this on March 18th and finished on March 19th.


This is another design by Melisa at Pinker n Punkin Quilting & Stitching: Carrots, Carrots and More Carrots.  She did 2 carrots for her Trifle Series.  I wanted to make a pillow so I did a row and added the word which I should have charted out because of the T.  here's a link to her chart. Carrot Trifle - An Itty Bitty Stitch- Pinker n' Punkin Quilting.JPG - Google Drive.  This is a scrap piece of Aida and I used Classic Colorworks Marmalade and DMC 720 and 3347. The letters were stitched with DMC 890. I started on March 20 and finished on March 24th.  Here's the link to the lettering - Alpha pattern #16346 | BraceletBook.

No comments: