Friday, June 6, 2008

Banana Snack Bread




Banana Bread


1 1/2 cup flour

2 tsp baking powder

1/2 baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp nutmeg - I use the nut and approx. how much is 1/2 tsp

1/4 cup shortening

1/2 cup dark brown sugar

scant 1/2 cup granualted sugar

1 egg

1 cup flake cereal

3 over ripe bananas

zest from 1 orange

juice from 1 orange


Pre heat oven to 350 F. Grease pan. I use a 10" x 13".

Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg in a small bowl. Set aside. Cream shortening and the sugars. Add egg and beat until fluffy. Stir in bananas, orange rind and juice. Mix well. Then add flake cereal. Mix. Add dry ingredients. Spoon into pan and spread evenly. Bake for 25 minutes or until done.
My mom has used this recipe for as long as I can remember. I have changed it (of course). This time I used Cascadian Farms Oat & Honey Granola.


No comments: