The Lost Challenges discussion on goodreads
Object: The aim of the game is to score as many points as possible by the end of the quarter.
*****The points levels have changed.*****
Read books for the tasks listed below. Some (but not all) tasks will have opportunities to collect bonus points.
You may the tasks as many times as you wish.
When you have finished please re-post your whole challenge as a new message or we will not be able to award your Hall of Fame badge!
SCORING: Score 1 point for each book read that fits a task PLUS 2 points for each bonus task.
TASK: Read a book set in USA (Bonus: set in one of the 'Thirteen Colonies')
You read a book set in California = 1 point for USA
Total: 1 point
You read a book set in Delaware (which is one of the 13 colonies) = 1 point for USA + 2 points for Delaware
Total: 3 points
Please keep a record of your points total at the top of your post.
Reading the Seasons - Fall
Duration: 23 September 2018 -20 December 2018
9-15 points - Super Seasonal
16-30 points - Amazing Autumn
31+ points - Fantastic Fall
1. Read a book published in September, October, November or December of any year.(Bonus: published in 2018)
2. Read a book set in fall.
3. Read a book with the letters F A L L somewhere in the title. Does not have to be in order. (Bonus: The letters 'Fall' in order in the title, So Fall, Fallen, Falling etc)
4. Read a book with a FALL colored cover. (Bonus: Actual autumn leaves on cover.) Please post the cover.
5. Fall was called “harvest” because of the “harvest moon” that occurs when the full moon is closest to the autumn equinox.
Read a book with a moon on the cover. Please post the cover.
6. Men and women experience high levels of testosterone during the fall.
Read a book where a character gets pregnant.
7. An analysis of Facebook data found that more people change their relationship statuses from “single” to “in a relationship” or “engaged” in autumn than the yearly average.
Read a book where a character goes from “single” to “in a relationship” or “engaged”. (Bonus: Facebook is found in a sentence. Give us the sentence and page #/Loc.)
8. Monarch butterflies make autumn a migratory season, flying South from America to the relative warmth of Mexico and parts of California. They travel at speeds of between 12 and 25 miles per hour.
Read a Series/TBR #12 or #25 OR with a page count that contains a 1, 2, or 5. Tell us the number of pages.
9. One of the oldest autumn festivals is Mexico’s Dia de Muertos (November 1st and 2nd), a celebration of departed loved ones and the cycle of life that Mesoamerican cultures may have observed thousands of years before Christmas.
Read a book where a departed loved one is celebrated (can be as simple as their grave being visited). (Bonus: A grave or cemetery on the cover. Please post the cover.)
10. Pumpkins, perhaps the most iconic image of autumn, are grown on six of the seven continents.
Read a book whose title begins with a letter in PUMPKINS. (Bonus: a pumpkin on the cover. Please post the cover.)
11. Labor Day – First Monday in September (US)
Read a book where somebody starts a new job.
12. Back to School
Read a book where a character is a student (can be any age).
13. National Pizza Month (October)
Read a book where a character eats a pizza.
14. October 5 - Do Something Nice Day
Read a book whose author's last name begins with S or N.
15. Fourth Sunday in October - Mother-in-Law Day
Read a book with a character who is a Mother-In-Law. (Bonus: The MC's Mother-In-Law - Tell us Mom's name.)
16. November 23 - National Espresso Day
Read a book where a character drinks an espresso. (Bonus: A coffee on the cover. Please post the cover.)
17. November 28 - French Toast Day
Read a book where a character eats French toast. (Give us the sentence and page #/Loc.)
18. December 7th - Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day
Read a book where a character is in the Navy. (Does not have to be the US Navy) (Bonus: Set during WWII)
19. December 19 - Look for an Evergreen Day
Read a book with an evergreen on the cover. Please post the cover.
20. Read a book from one of these lists:
Cool Fall Books 2010
Sweater Weather Reading
Halloween and Autumn Cozy Mysteries
Romance Novels with Fall or Autumn in the Title
Spooky Reads for Autumn 2015
Falling Season-Romances set in Autumn
*Please post a partial list of the challenge when you sign up.
*For each book that you read please post a link to the book, the author and the date you finished it.
*Each book may only be used for one task or letter
*To count a book towards a challenge you must read the majority of it after the start date of the challenge.
* Where more than one option is given for a task, please state which option your book relates to.
*If the task relates to the cover of your book, please post the cover AND the book link.
*All genres and formats are fine.
*Re-reads are allowed.
*No page minimum.
*Please update your original post as you go.
*When you have finished, please re-post your whole challenge as a new message and MARK AS FINISHED or you will not be considered to have completed the challenge and we will not be able to award your Hall of Fame badge
(Even if you don't hit the level you were aiming for by the deadline, please re-post your challenge anyway as you may still be eligible for a lower level badge.)
Please use the TLC STANDARD RULES when participating in this challenge.
If you are not familiar with these rules, please click on the link and read them over.