Quarterly Challenges Reading The Seasons - Summer
Read books for each task listed. Some (but not all) tasks will have opportunities to collect bonus points.
You can read one book for every task or read multiple books for some tasks. (For example - you could choose to just focus on task 5 and read books with summer covers. That's fine - you can claim points for each one that fits).
*Each book may only be used for one task.
*For each book that you read, please post a link to the book, the author and the date you finished it.
*To count a book towards a challenge you must read the majority of it after the challenge start date.
* Where more than one option is given for a task, please state which option your book relates to.
*If the task relates to the cover of your book, please post the cover.
*All genres and formats are fine.
*Re-reads are allowed.
*No page minimum.
*When you have finished please re-post your whole challenge as a new message or we will not be able to award your Hall of Fame badge!
The aim of the game is to score as many points as possible by the end of the quarter.
SCORING: Score 1 point for each book read that fits a task plus 2 points for each bonus task.
TASK: Read a book set in USA (Bonus: set in one of the 'Thirteen Colonies')
You read a book set in California = 1 point for USA : Total 1 point
You read a book set in Delaware = 1 point for USA + 2 points for Delaware: Total 3 points
Please keep a record of your points total at the top of your post.
Duration: 21 June - 22 September 2018
5-10 points - Super Seasonal
11-20 points - Summer Lovin'
21+ points - Hot Hot Hot
1. Read a book published in June, July or August of any year. (Bonus: published in June, July, August or September 2018) - Tell us when it was published.
2. Read a book set in the summer.
3. Read a book with the letters S U N somewhere in the title. Does not have to be in order.
4. Read a book with a summer word in the title. (Bonus: 'Summer' in the title)
5. Read a book with a cover that reminds you of summer. (Bonus: A swimsuit on the cover) - show us the cover
6. Flag Day - Read a book with a flag on the cover. Please post the cover.
7. Camera Day (June 29th) - Read a book where a character takes a photo.
8. International Joke Day (July 1st) - Read a book where a character tells a joke.
9. Queen's Official Birthday (UK) - Read a book with an author or character named Elizabeth (or some form of Elizabeth - Liz, Lizzie, Betty etc) (Bonus: also set in England)
10. Midsummers Day - Read a book that is in the middle of a series. Ex. #3 or #4 of a 6 book series.
11. Wimbledon - Read a book where somebody takes part in a sport (does not have to be professionally). (Bonus: The sport is tennis.)
12. Canada Day (July 1st) - Read a book that is set in Canada OR by a Canadian author. (Bonus: Both author and setting are Canadian.)
13. US Independence Day (4th of July) - Read a book where a character rebels against someone/something. Tell us what that is.
14. Bastille Day (France - July 14th) - Read a book set in France OR with a character that is in a parade.
15. Book Lovers Day (August 9th) - Read a book that you are excited to read.
16. Positive Thinking Day (Sept. 13th) - Read a book with a positive thinking character.
17. Summer vacation - Read a book where someone takes a vacation. (Bonus: set on an island)
18. Summer camp - Read a book where a character goes to camp.
19. Weddings - Read a book where a wedding takes place. (Bonus: Wedding dress on the cover) - show us the cover
20. Read a book from a list that contains the word Summer. You may find these lists anywhere. Tell us the name of the list.
Examples: The 32 Best Books to Read This Summer
The 25 Best New Books to Put in Your Beach Bag This Summer
16 New YA Fantasy Books Out In Summer 2018 To Transport You To Different Worlds
Summer Beach Reads (all stories set in beach towns)