Sunday, March 17, 2024

Luck Truck and March Stitches

 I was looking for another St. Patrick's Day stitch to do and I found Luck Truck on Pinker N Punkin Quilting Blogspot.

https://pinkernpunkinquilting.blogspot.com/2022/03/truckin-along-in-luck-truck-st-patricks.html  It's about 3/4 the way down the page. Melisa gives out a lot of charts that she creates. This truck is really cute!

I started Luck Truck on Sunday, February 18, 2024 on 16 ct Fiddler's Cloth and the called for DMC.  The white sheep did not show up so I changed it to a gray color #3 DMC.  I finished stitching on February 20.


Then I started on March which I stitched on 18 ct Aida Morning Mint from Atomic Ranch.  The green is very light and the cloth is so soft. The threads I used were WDW Blue Spruce, CCW Chopped Chives and DMC Ecru, 500, 340, 973, 3799. I started stitching on Wednesday and finished on Thursday the 22nd.


I figured I needed to fully finish these soon.  
It was nice and sunny on Monday, March 11th and I went to work!


          I bought this piece from Hobby Lobby months ago and did not know what to put on it.  


I glued on a magnet so I will be able to use this backer for another project 
- maybe another truck by Melisa!


I think this looks real cute.  The ribbon came from Factory Direct Craft.com. 
The shank button was from my stash.



I decided to use this backer from Dollar Tree for March.


I used this fabric behind the stitching and finished with a yellow rick rack.


I glued right to the backer because I would not use it for another holiday piece.

The finished pieces on my display.










No comments: