Monday, March 11, 2024

Luck by Bent Creek

 I saw this pattern on a flosstube by Helen D. So I bought it!


I started it on February 10th using an old piece of fabric - 30 ct Old Mill Java and a mix of Gentle Arts and DMC floss.




I'm looking through my calendar and remembered that we lost electric on February 13 at 9:43 am and did not get it back again until February 15 around 3:30 pm. That really sucked!  We live in the country and need electric for heat and water.  We could use our gas stove top but not the oven.  We melted snow to flush the toilet.  Really makes you glad when the electric comes back on and you can flush!


I finished Luck on February 17 and fully finished it on March 3rd.  I used a wood piece that I bought at Dollar Tree. I painted it Lime Green with the JoAnn Fabrics paint.


Then I went digging in my fabrics for backing stuff.  I made a couple of mistakes with this project.  I did not cut the batting to fit the sticky board. I could not get a smooth edge.  Next time I will!  
And I made my middle piece too large but I like how it came out.




                            I decorated with a few things I also got at Dollar Tree.



 

I also made a little shamrock for this holder.  I was in Michaels last week and 
saw this so maybe that is where I bought it and from Joann Fabrics. I used a scrap piece of 16 ct Fiddler's Cloth and WDW Curry and CCW Eve's Leaves.

No comments: