Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pecan Pie Bars/Snickerdoodles

This morning I was checking my emails and I got my monthly email from Eagle Brand. This recipe was in it. It looks tasty! I think I will try it this weekend.



Pecan Pie Bars
Add these moist and flavorful pecan pie bars to your cookie collection.
Servings: Makes about 3 dozen barsServing Size: 1/36 of a recipeNutrition: See Below
Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 15+25 minutesTotal Time: 0

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 (14-ounce) can EAGLE BRAND Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
3 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly.
Press mixture on bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 10 to 15 minutes.
In small bowl, combine pecans, EAGLE BRAND®, eggs and lemon juice; pour over crust. Bake 25 minutes or until filling is set. Cool. Cut into bars. Store leftovers covered at room temperature.

This afternoon P#2 and I are going to make Snickerdoodles. I wonder where in the heck it got that name! These are my favorite cookie!

Snickerdoodles

½ cup butter
½ cup shortening
1½ cups sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups sifted flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
½ teaspoon salt

Coating: 4 Tablespoon sugar
4 Tablespoon cinnamon

Cream butter, shortening and sugar together. Add eggs and beat well. Sift flour. Add baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Sift again. Add flour mixture to the creamed mixture. Chill dough for at least 1 hour. Roll into balls the size of small walnuts. Roll in coating. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400F for 8-10 minutes.
Yield: Approx. 5 dozen

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Those sound amazing!!!

jmisgro said...

The snickerdoodles came out really well. I used 2 1/2 cups of King Arthur White Wheat Flour. So it makes it a little better for you!