Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What's Cooking Wednesday


Roasted Asparagus
Yesterday, the store had some great asparagus, so I bought some. Today I decided to make it for lunch. But how? I got the latest Eating Well magazine and they had an article on asparagus. They featured roasted asparagus. So that is what I did.
1 bunch of asparagus, washed and the tough ends broken off. Preheat the oven at 425.
I put them in a bowl and drizzled olive oil and salt over it and tossed them to coat each piece. I used a baking sheet with a piece of parchment on it. I placed the asparagus on the sheet in one layer and roasted them in the oven for 15 minutes. Talk about delicious! OMG, they were great. But I did not take a photo. I found this one on the internet. It looks just like my lunch! The photo is from a cool website http://www.dinnerwithjulie.com/.
Check out her post on chocolate bowls! http://dinnerwithjulie.com/2009/02/14/chocolate-bowls/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joanne, I LOVE roasted asparagus. I often put a lot of grated cheese on it while roasting. Yummy!

jmisgro said...

Oh that sounds really good. I have to try that next time!