Sunday, May 31, 2009

Know Italian?

Yesterday my sister-in-law from Italy called. The King was at work so I could not give him the phone. I have to say that I did not do too bad. I understood almost everything she said. But I could not remember how to say I don't understand. I know it will get better when we get to Italy and I am around it all the time.
I have done Rosetta Stone. That helped but it does not teach you to speak conversational Italian. I have books and cds. I have been using a new site on the internet called Byki (just found it last week). I can read some Italian.

3 comments:

Sonia @ My Sweet Monkey said...

it really is much easier when you're around it all of the time.. but you're right some of books and cd's don't teach you how to have an actual conversation. I've been using this website... italianpod (italianpod.com on itunes) it has really helped me a lot.

Lucia said...

I know enought to speak it. One time my cousin from Sicily was on MSN Live and I spoke to him using google translator...capish and non capish.

Abhinav Rastogi said...

why did u stop posting??