Monday, July 20, 2009

40th Anniversary of Moon Landing


Remember these fellows? I do! My whole childhood was filled with astronauts as was every other kid in the 60's. Did you see the moon landing? "At 10:56 p.m. EDT on July 20, 1969, Neil Armstrong became the first human to set foot on the Moon. This image was taken from the telecast of the event, watched by over half a billion people around the world. Armstrong composed the quote after landing on the Moon."


I always thought that I had seen it live but I would have been asleep but I do remeber seeing a moon landing, I thinkit may have been the last one Apollo 17 in December of 1972.


Do you remember having to drink Tang because the astronauts did too? I will not drink it now!


Or these Space Sticks? I remember they came in peanut butter and chocolate. They were good!








I went to Johnson Space Center on a school trip. It was fascinating. I still love space stuff and science fiction.


No comments: