Thursday, August 13, 2009

Julie & Julia

I just finished this book. I loved it. The cooking and doing the blog was a fantastic idea. I could not have done it, though. Could I bring myself to eat offal? I don't know.
The idea eating brains, kidneys and liver really does not appeal to me. And aspic, yech! I can remember aspic from when I was a kid, although I can remember eating one that tasted like V-8 and it was in the middle of the summer and that I enjoyed it.
The adventure of trying all those recipes does appeal to me. I have way more experience with cooking than Julie did.
She clearly stated at the beginning of the book that she is not a cook.
Here's an article about the book and movie.
I don't really want to see the movie. I LOVE Meryl Streep. But after reading the book I cannot imagine Amy Adams as Julie Powell. I do like Amy Adams but not in this part. I felt the same way about Renee Zellweger playing Allie French in "Appaloosa". Right at this moment I cannot think of who I would cast in that part.
Have you ever played that "game" with books that could or are going to be movies? Everyone has their thoughts on who would play Stephanie Plum if Janet Evanovich's books were ever to be made into a movie. I think Jamie Lynn Sigler would be a great Stephanie Plum.
OR did you imagineJulia Roberts as Georgia (from Friday Night Knitting Club). I just read that she has been cast as Elizabeth Gilbert in Eat, Pray, Love. Maybe !?!
We all know that Tom Cruise was miscast in at least 2 films, "The Firm" and "Interview With A Vampire". Brad Pitt would have been the better choice for Lestat.
I started watch "Seven Pounds" last night. We watched about 20 minutes of it and turned it off. What was it even about? Don't know or care! Sorry Will, maybe next movie.
Day before I watched "He's Really Not That Into You". I kinda liked it. If women really acted like Ginnifer Goodwin's character, GiGi, it's no wonder they/she never get/got dates.
Maybe I'm too old. People didn't have computers or cell phones when I was dating back in the 70's and 80's.

No comments: