Saturday, September 26, 2009

Afternoon Delight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A81fwLNklSM

Do you remember that song? It came out in 1976, the summer before I started 9th grade. The greatest summer of my childhood. My dad was still in the Navy and we lived in Corpus Christi, Texas.
I spent the summer at the pool. When we weren't swimming, we were playing Spades for hours! My friend, Julianne, was in love with one of the lifeguards named Steve. He was cute. "Afternoon Delight" was their song. One of Steve's friends, Ronnie, liked me. He used to come to church and sit next to me and hold my hand. What a thrill that was. I was only 13. I turned 14 in September. Ronnie was 17 and wanted to date me but my dad said no. Good thing, looking back on it now!
Everythime I hear that song it takes me back. Is there a song that takes you back?

No comments: