Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sophia's Scarf

I started this the other day.  We don't know if Sophia has a scarf or if she does where it is....the joys of moving and moving and moving. I found the directions on a free knitting pattern site but I don't remember which one.  I used 2 skeins of  Patons Angora Bamboo http://www.patonsyarns.com/product.php?LGC=angorabamboo and a size 9 (5.5 mm) needle.
Diagonal Stitch Scarf:
CO even Number of Stitches.  I used 24.
Knit 5 rows. Start Pattern.
Row 1: K1, * yo K2tog, repeat from *, K1
Row 2: Knit
Row 3: K2, * yo K2tog, repeat from *, K2
Row 4: Knit

Repeat Rows1-4 until desired length, end with Knit 5 rows. BO
CO=cast on
YO= yarn over the needle
K= knit
BO= Bind off

This is a great pattern.  Very easy.  Can be used with cotton yarn for the spring and summer.

No comments: